Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

you've got to love it!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 24 track, Aug 10, 2018.

1. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    On July 27 th , I ordered some parts I needed off of EBAY from the states, all goes well the shipper sends the item and a tracking # all is good , shipped out on July 30,2018 ,out of morbid curiousity i track it daily for updates on Aug 07 , item enters Canada , is processed , plus out for delivery Aug 7 .12:01 Item successfully delivered , 12:15 I check my mail , its not there .

3 scenarios pop to mind ;
    1) item was miss addressed by the shipper
    2) relief carrier dropped package off at wrong house in my neighbourhood
    3) screw up at customs

I call the local delivery unit for Canada post and get one of my old emplyees I give her the tracking # , she trces it through the track & trace function on the CPC computers ( more info than the public gets on tracing) she asks for a few minutes to check this out for details I give her my home # and hang up

2 minutes later the phone rings its Canada Post ,and she says " yes your package was delivered at 12:01 in London Ontario 4000 miles away , SAY WHAT??? I say thank you and hang up

Next step contact the shipper to A) inform them of the debacle, B) to verify shipping information.
    shipper supplies me with a copy of the postal lable applied in the states confirming My address and postal code.

this leaves only the 3rd scenario

Customs applied a lable to the wrong package covering up the correct address and tracking #

My only re-course , Call Canada Post customer service and describe the situation to the agent , after a lengthy conversation , she puts me on hold then returns , heres her reply "I have sent an Email to the approppriate offices ( Kamloops & Letter carrier depot 1 London Ontario) to have this package picked up immediatly and to be delivered to you with in 2 bussiness days"
    that was yesterday. my package arrived at 11:30 PST right to my door ( they must have flown it out from Ontario to Vancouver to Kamloops

unbelievable !

the shipper told me regardless of the out come he was sending me a replacement order right away ( sent the same Day ) definately 5 stars for them

with all the horror stories about Ebay sellers and the postal fascillities , I am glad to report a happy ending,youve got to love it.

AAT65 likes this.

2. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Soooo...you gonna tell or show us what you ordered?

24 track likes this.

3. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    nothing exciting Im designing a guitar rack wall to house my 5 basses ( ihave 8 guitars in the living room 11 in th e studio 5 in the spare bedroom ) and my wife has not said a word yet! but that day is going to come...real soon, she didnt say anything about the fender 4X12 cab sitting in the studio door. I digress ....sorry

this is a test fit of the rack I've done a lot more cool stuff to it since this pic , what I got today was 9" Peg board guitar hangers with swivel heads and locks on the jaws to hold the guitar firm
    thet are 2 dimmable GU10 LED lights mounted under ti wooden display case to shine on the bases ,

s-l1600.jpg
    A.JPG

P1011955.JPG

Dave W, FenderGyrl and Nubs like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.