Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

You're allowed one pedal only, go!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by simonc, Apr 6, 2015.

1. simonc

simonc Friend of Leo's

Jun 25, 2004
    Perth Western Australia
    Blasphemy I know, but if you were to use one pedal, and one pedal only, what would you choose, and why?

2. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Tuner pedal. If I'm gonna cut myself off from so many sounds like that I might as well be a cool guy who plugs straight in to the amp while I'm at it. But being in tune is important.

songtalk likes this.

3. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

I've seen a lot of these types of threads on different forums lately, and i wonder why anyone would be restricted to just one pedal, unless they chose to be. I mean i can understand the small pedal board thing, but just one pedal seems a little ridiculous to me.

But since you asked - Delay, just a bit of slapback to fatten things up.

4. bear04

bear04 Tele-Holic

Jul 24, 2011
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Depends on my amp. My amp's OD sucks. It sounds too fuzzy to me so my one pedal would be overdrive. If my amp's OD actually sounded good my one pedal would be delay.

Maybe I should sell all my pedals except my delay and buy a good amp... :neutral:

Linc Gray likes this.

5. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    I assume a quality channel switching valve amp with plenty of gain options and lots of spacey reverb on tap

Then I'd be happy with just my MXR boost for variety/response changes.

Alternatively a looper (boss rc3) as I can have lots of fun with one of those.

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I would probably go with my Belle Epoch delay, but like Guitarteach, I wouldn't want to be without my Jamman Stereo looper and then live with my wimpy built in reverb.

7. simonc

simonc Friend of Leo's

Jun 25, 2004
    Perth Western Australia
    I guess I was also really asking is, what is the one pedal that you can't live without, the one that if you had to choose only one, what would it be. What would be the one pedal that helps define " your " tone. I knew a tuner would be mentioned first haha!

8. ItchyFingers

ItchyFingers Tele-Afflicted

9. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia

10. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Meister

May 14, 2013
    greece
    Joyo sweet baby.any way

11. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    in that case..

My MXR microamp has done every gig for 30 years or so. Often the ONLY pedal. It gooses clean to edgy, crunchy to hard and lead to creamy sustain. It's like have extra channels on a switching amp and just combined with the guitar volume can cover everything with a simple singled ended amp too.

I don't use my looper live (yet)

12. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Jan 13, 2013
    England
    That would be a compressor for me. Currently a 74 Script Dyna Comp reissue but I'm not fussed as long as it's not transparent - I like squashed with click and pop.

13. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    Visual Sound H2O combined chorus and echo. I don't gig with it - I have other stuff for that - but always take it to jams when I have to use someone else's amp.

14. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    If the tuner is a given.... it would depend on what kind of music, what guitar and what amp.

For Tele into Deluxe Reverb, I'd pick the Nobels overdrive, because thats a fantastic combination.

other guitars and amps would be a more difficult decision

15. kend

kend Tele-Meister

Jan 12, 2014
    Vancouver
    Zoom MS 50 G
    Does mostly everything and is a tuner too. $100

16. peavey30

peavey30 Tele-Meister

Jun 1, 2010
    The Netherlands
    An MXR Micro Amp (or another boost pedal).

17. JLC78TELE

JLC78TELE Tele-Meister

Mar 20, 2015
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Small Stone - Nothing but swooshy goodness!

18. MEXbluesGUY

MEXbluesGUY Tele-Meister

Jan 1, 2015
    New Yoke

19. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire

I don't always use pedals, but the thought of only having one to play with freaks me out. Different day, different sound, different pedal.

(P.S.: Tuners aren't pedals, even when they're shaped like one.)

20. ericmichel

ericmichel Tele-Meister

Apr 4, 2007
    caen france

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.