Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your thoughts on a new build

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Eric Smith, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Tele-Meister

Jul 3, 2012
    Plymouth, IN
    I have a Tele body that was given to me and I am hoping to build a sonic blue with rosewood fb guitar with it. Right now it is in Evernest green and I really don't like it. I dig the sonic blue with white pg but always think that they look better with a white binding. I did build a blackguard blonde butterscotch Tele a year ago, so this isn't completely new to me, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with painting on a faux binding and can give any tips?

The other thing I am wondering is if anyone has experience with Seymour Duncan mini hum bucker in the neck and have a suggestion for a bridge pup with that as the neck pup in mind?

BTW, I might be putting a Bigsby on it too.

2. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2013
    st. louis, illinois
    with the exception of the bigsby, it sounds a lot like a guitar my buddy had in highschool. it was sharp. if you're going through all the trouble of building/painting a guitar... might be a great time to learn how to do binding. it's not a terribly hard process. check out youtube or the hundreds of build threads on here. alternatively, maybe a pinstriping on the top? also relatively easy. i just think the painted binding would look cheap on a guitar you're spending so much time and money on

3. custom/59

custom/59 Banned

Dec 16, 2012
    kentucky
    I ran a lil 59 tele with a mini bucker.

4. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Tele-Meister

Jul 3, 2012
    Plymouth, IN
    I thought about learning how to do the binding myself, but the body not only has a belly cut but the forearm cut like a start. Not sure if that matters or not.

The guy that gave me the body has a '59 in one of his. I can't say that I didn't like it but I think I'm going for a bucker/single combo. I would wonder if it would be a little too much like my Les Paul.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.