Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your single most important piece of gear?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by ebb soul, Sep 24, 2016.

1. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    not shure if this is the place for this....if you could name but one piece of irreplaceable or signature to your sound can't live without piece of gear, just one item, what would it be?

2. mabley123

mabley123 Friend of Leo's

Aug 21, 2011
    ashland kentucky
    My amplifier/speakers.

Metro GMP45 x 2 Celestion Cream speakers.

3. Thin69

Thin69 Friend of Leo's

Oct 28, 2009
    Galveston, TX
    Lately I've been really digging my 66 Ampeg Reverberocket 2. It just has something special in the sound at moderate volume levels that I really can't describe but I think it's friendly harmonic distortion.

4. Modman68

Modman68 Tele-Holic

Mar 27, 2011
    La mesa
    Ummm.... My guitar?

Mike SS likes this.

5. acrylicsuperman

acrylicsuperman Tele-Holic

Nov 17, 2010
    Arizona
    Apart from the guitar and amp, I would probably pick the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone chorus. Sure, they're dime a dozen, but that thing has been with me from the start, it's beautifully road worn and beat to hell from countless gigs. But that little stomp box is pretty much the heart and soul of my rig. I don't use it on everything, but I also can't imagine not having it. I'd be lost.

ebb soul likes this.

6. ebb soul

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    image.jpeg image.jpeg I really didn't mean amps or guitars, but rather the one item that ties it all together.
    This is mine.
    Groove tubes speaker emulator/ attenuator/ eq.
    Works with any amp or guitar, ties your F/X into your speaker POST power stage.
    dails any amp down by up to 50%.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

7. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
    Nothing is irreplaceable- but if you love Fender cleans, why not use a Fender amp? I have four of them.
    Likewise, if you think, as I do, that there's nothing quite so assertive as a Telecaster with good single coils, for cutting through a musical mix- you need to use one.
    There you have it. My most important single piece of gear is a Tele/Bassman combination. :)

8. dmarcus30

dmarcus30 Tele-Holic

My heart.

9. ebb soul

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    J

I would beg to disagree. Try finding another working grove tubes speaker emulator attenuator.
    Rev Willie G and Eddie V have the only other ones known in current operation.
    Mine is 25 yrs old, and had the last known replacement components available installed to restore it.
    The parts are proprietary.;)

10. Zuzax

Zuzax Tele-Holic

Sep 1, 2011
    Texas

11. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne
    My brain.

P Thought likes this.

12. faasie85

faasie85 TDPRI Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    Not so much irreplaceable but im screwed if it fails on a gig. Ive always got 2 guitars for if something might happen. Most of the time ive got two amps so ive got a backup if one fails. But if my lex bos superdrive fails then i dont have any distortion under my foot. So most important for me is the lex bos superdrive.

13. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    My Mesa-Boogie 50w Rectoverb

14. cboutilier

cboutilier Tele-Afflicted

Oct 28, 2015
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I don't think anything. I float back and forth between my Tele, Strat, 335, and Les Paul. I use a Super Reverb, Deluxe Reverb clone, and a Valve Jr.

I always sound like me. I like to think I am irreplaceable.

rze99, Hippieway and Chicago Matt like this.

15. tery

tery Friend of Leo's

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Sun Glasses :cool:

Thin69 likes this.

16. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    I respectfully disagree and find myself in the same camp as Woody Allen who is of the opinion that, "the brain is the second most important organ/part of the human anatomy".
    My Sears/Silvertone 1483 has been with me since H.S. It can be replaced, in fact it should have been replaced a long time ago, but things just wouldn't be the same.

17. cboutilier

cboutilier Tele-Afflicted

Oct 28, 2015
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    My cowboy boots are pretty damn important too. I sound like **** without them

tery likes this.

18. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    Heart, brain, touch, obviously but they are not gear. As far as gear goes, amp and guitar in that order for me. That's fairly obvious too and many will say the same although some in the opposite order. So besides all that I would say that, for me, my Bad Cad Unleash attenuator/re-amp is my most indispensable piece of gear. I can dial in my sound through the amp I want, cranked to it's sweet spot so the tubes are cooking and it is in its most touch-sensitive zone. The Unleash lets me get that at any stage volume I might need whether I'm playing in a small or large room, with my trio or with a bigger band.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Jakeboy and ebb soul like this.

19. tery

tery Friend of Leo's

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    That's right - I ain't going on stage barefoot !!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.