Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your Signature Guitar?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by flowwrito, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Well, I have been building my own guitars for almost 20 years and I'd say that I got exactly right with THIS one.
    Mean Green fido 2.JPG
    The right weight, the right feel.

25.5 scale length, twin humbuckers, three barrel chopped off tele bridge, master volume and tone, SG shape Pine body.

Mean green fido 1.JPG

Jakedog likes this.

2. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

Oct 3, 2015
    Philadelphia

Yeahh, but the same could be said for a lot of the home-built guitars as well. It's just for fun. ;) I chose a Jaguar because quite frankly if I were to make a "Signature" Telecaster, it would just be the basic Telecaster I have now... and I chose all those pickups and switching options because why the hell not? I've already gone the simple route with a single-pickup/one knob guitar- I like knobs and switches!

3. ME262

ME262 Tele-Holic

Jun 24, 2012
    Sweden
    This is mine, I'm very happy with it!

P1010269.jpg

johnnyha and hellopike like this.

4. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    Mine would be a Ron Kirn Barncaster. I can't see anything that I would change on that!

5. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    Mine would probably look like a cross between a lawn dart and 58' Buick.

I don't have a long list of preferred hardware or electronics because I'm not a good enough player to know the difference unless something is glaringly bad.

6. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    The guitar I'm playing in my avatar. It's a Don Grosh ElectraJet Standard in Foam Green (although it came out a little more "Kelly" green than your typical Foam Green), made a few years ago when the "suede" finish was standard (they've since gone to a gloss lacquer finish on the EJS). The only difference from stock are the metal dome knobs instead of the usual speed knobs, which I find too slippery. It has two P-90-type pickups that are incredible.

I ordered the guitar from the now-defunct G Guitars and Grosh was basically putting it together from the time I told G Guitars I was looking for one in Foam Green and the few weeks later when they delivered it. G Guitars asked Grosh to paint the guitar in Foam Green and told me that if I didn't like the guitar they would just sell it in the store...no obligation.

It was perfect in every way except I found the frets to be a little taller than what I would consider ideal. After a few years of gigging it needed a level and crown, which took the height of the frets down a little. Now it's absolutely, utterly, completely perfect. Plays, sounds and feels like a dream.

TheletterJ likes this.

7. TheletterJ

TheletterJ Tele-Afflicted

Aug 13, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    I like it! That EletraJet is right up my alley too.

8. caliban335

caliban335 Tele-Afflicted

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I don't expect to ever have a signature model, but if I did it would be a Fireglo Ric 381/12 with a 1.75" neck width at the nut. Beautiful in sound, look and feel.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.