Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your other interests / hobbies

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Fred Rogers, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Teleposer

Teleposer Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2016
    UK
    Ok, for all you photo buffs, and oh yeah, those of you that like drooling over guitars that you not only will never be able to afford, but will never even get to see, and not like you even know they even existed. The very first solid bodied electric guitar? How many of you can say you know what it looks like? :)

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/the-ph...n-accept-showing-les-paul-chet-atkins.773224/

I promise you won't be disappointed if you love photography or love guitars.

Tommy Biggs likes this.

2. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    I've collected pocketknives for a long time. I particularly like Buck, Western and Henckels.

I also collect what I call 'cigar box stuff'. This is harder to define, because I really don't know what it is myself. Basically, they're small things that fit in cigar boxes that catch my eye. I particularly like weird tools, gadgety things, things in little cases, and religious things like scapulars. The only rules (so far) is that it has to be old.

Tommy Biggs, 24 track and Ooba Tooba like this.

3. Teleposer

Teleposer Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2016
    UK
    rcole_sooner - the forum won't let me post your quote -

I want to get in to astrophotography, even with my humble reflector. But I just realised that I need a new kind of mount for it, and it costs a couple of hundred dollars. No big deal, I'll get one. It's an Orion (American made) Telescope I have. Just about able to carry it in a bag. Those Orion folks gave me excellent customer service - it was a pleasure dealing with them.

Oh, and I need to get a better camera too!

It's always good to have something to look forward to in life.

For now, just waiting on my new Epiphone and Short Scale Telecaster. First things first.

rcole_sooner and 24 track like this.

4. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Reading
    Dancing
    Ice Hockey

5. Fender427

Fender427 TDPRI Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Northeast
    Out side of playing music and music in general.
    Astronomy I have a couple telescopes and a bunch of related gear, oil, acrylic painting and drawing. Model railroading. We just moved so I don't have a layout up yet, but will start one shortly.
    Old cars, motorcycles and boats.
    Cooking and gardening.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    24 track likes this.

6. thegeezer

thegeezer Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Jul 5, 2010
    West Michigan
    I flew vintage airplanes for 35 years. Just recently let that hobby go.

I ran a minimum of 1000 miles per year until just a handful of years ago. Competed in 10 or 12 races a year, usually in the 10-15k range and even ran an occasional marathon.

Anymore, besides always keeping a band going, it's the boat and the jet ski on the lake here, travel (which has always been an interest of ours), a little photography, lots more reading than before I retired and I look for new things every day.

24 track likes this.

7. tominwa

tominwa Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2016
    Olympia, Wa
    I shoot stock Photo and Video of the Olympic Peninsula here in Wa. State and sell it through the stock sites. Landscape/ nature things. A great excuse to get out and quite profitable as well.. And I raise chickens too. Not so profitable.

24 track likes this.

8. dkmw

dkmw Tele-Afflicted Ad Free + Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    I managed to fit in a bunch of surfing and fishing while doing the above.

Stubee, Rustbucket and 24 track like this.

9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Scuba, taking basic pictures underwater, downhill skiing, photography (basic), cooking, fishing, hunting and mowing the lawn with precise flair.

Stubee, 24 track and Lake Placid Blue like this.

10. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2016
    Arizona
    I like to travel & see new places. It's mostly a function of being on the road for work, and branching out to explore from there. Working in Toronto this week, so headed down to Niagara this weekend for the first time, followed by a drive up through the Adirondacks.

Back at home I enjoy woodworking, fishing, hiking, cooking, eating, tailgating local football games and i am in a club of fellow International Harvester Truck Enthusiasts.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

11. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    this time of life, my hobbies are whatever my kids are into

ie, horse, archery, soccer, violin, cello, computer games ...

my oldest son and his buddies are getting into 70s-80s rock big time, so now I'm also re-reading all this stuff about Ozzy lol

as for me, the hobbies are guitar, carpentry, working outside, and reading old books

24 track likes this.

12. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    I study leaders and people that have done incredible things under challenging circumstances

Tommy Biggs, Stubee, 24 track and 2 others like this.

13. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    Pretty much just music.

14. reckless meanie

reckless meanie Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2011
    Madras, OR
    I started "Mountain Climbing" with my son and step dad recently. Not very good at it but it's great exercise and very pretty. Nice to be out in nature especially in the winter.
    Mt Adams IMG_1271.JPG Mt Hood
    IMG_2597.JPG
    South Sister
    P1010061.JPG
    Mt Rainier P1010267.JPG Mt Bachelor P1010359.JPG
    Mt Rainier
    P1010211.JPG
    Middle Sister
    P1010159.JPG

15. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    Eating and cooking, son's football, and dogs.

Tommy Biggs and 24 track like this.

16. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    1. Photography (Landscapes, street, travel and documentary). Travel (linked with the photography). Most of what I shoot is still on film - though I also enjoy using digital. I don't subscribe to the belief that it has to be one or the other.

2. Walking - I used to love walking in the mountains in Scotland and the UK Lake District but my knees have just about had it, so I just do the low-level stuff these days.

24 track likes this.

17. DougM

DougM Tele-Meister

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Are there other hobbies? I guess I'm the only one who's singularly fixated.

Stringbanger and 24 track like this.

18. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I play racquetball twice a week, snowboard in the winter and hike in the summer. Used to make wine - made some pretty good stuff - and would like to get back into that. BBQ (smoking, low and slow) is another.

24 track likes this.

19. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    One of my all time favorite things to do. I just recently sold off most of my ice climbing gear, but your pics bring back very fond memories. Maybe my 6 year old grandson or 4 year old granddaughter will get into it before I'm too old.:)

24 track likes this.

20. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I started making pulled pork and ribs about 5 years ago and it's a great hobby for me! I really want to enter a competition eventually, but I need something that can maintain temps better, and ever since I had a kid I'm always short on money and time for barbecuing. So for now I just look at the weather and burn a few butts in my El Cheapo Brinkman smoker when I have a free weekend :D

Is that your rig there on wheels with what looks like 3 cooking chambers? That's KILLER!

24 track likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.