Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your Number One

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by T-Bone, Oct 22, 2013.

1. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    If that's the case I suggest you view your original post.

2. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Wow, the h8 is strong in you man. I post a few guitars after you do and you jump ugly with me about it then put a bunch of words in my mouth. All I said is that I like old things. I didn't say anything about MIM, MIA, reissue, etc....

Must be tough to walk around with all that anger. Just because you wouldn't buy something that someone else would doesn't make it all that weird. For example, I wouldn't have spent all the time in school to become a ten-yeared professor (whatever that is).

Sure, I'll play my old fiddles. That's what I enjoy doing - wouldn't want it any other way!

I think you're the one making disparaging remarks about people (from your corksniffer response) to now talking about putting people down, which is what you have been doing - not me.

At any rate, let's see some more cool guitars :)

3. 56strat

56strat Tele-Meister

Jul 7, 2008
    Bothell, Washington
    Noah - if you'd read between the lines, what I was saying was, don't be a douche.

You have a beautiful collection of vintage and very expensive instruments and your words were an insult to everyone that does not have the fortune it would take to acquire a collection like that.

And no you can't see the 56 Strat because I don't have it anymore. My name here is a painful reminder of one that got away.

4. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Huh? My words? I didn't say anything about anyone or their collection. I post some pics of some stuff I like and get called a bunch of names. It's ok, I'm a big boy, maybe not as smart as a ten-yeared professor, but I do ok for myself all things considered.

Shame you sold your '56. When I was a kid a store I worked in had one (I think it was 8k at the time - which was way out of my price range) but it was a killer guitar. This would have been in like 1992 or 93.

If you ever dig up a pic of it I would love to see it. Not sure where in Washington you are but I used to do some deals with a guy named Danny (Gold) out there back when he had his store. Is he still around? I think he was in Everett.

5. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.
    You are either so pretentious and passive aggressive to a fault or something else, which I won't even bother with. In either case 56Strat pretty well nailed it. Go and float your boat, but don't put other people down because they/we can't float the same one (and don't even want to).

Have you ever heard of the law of diminishing returns? It applies to over- priced liquor and musical instruments in about equal measure.

6. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I guess I just posted some guitars and ruffled your feathers.

Why are you so obsessed with what things are worth? I buy stuff I like and I enjoy it. I don't buy instruments for investments, I buy them because I like them and because I like to play guitar.

To have the guy with the R9 telling me about diminishing returns and calling me a corksniffer pretty much says all I need to know about you. A lot of folks would say an Agile would kill that (I have some R series guitars and they're pretty cool BTW) - sour grapes.

Piece of advice - worry about what you have and don't get hung up on folks that have stuff you feel is a waste of money. Which is odd, because above you talk about making instrument choices that are, "less then we would like". Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Don't worry, be happy:)

7. brianswindall

brianswindall Tele-Afflicted

Well, that escalated quickly.

8. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    Yes. Can we put the whole psycho-socio-economic thing to bed? Let's talk guitars!

So...what's your number one?

You can define #1 any way you like, but it'd be nice to share how you defined it.

My number one is the AVRI '69 on the right, together with his best buddies. A Godin MultiUke and a FSR American Standard Strat.

image-3652029394.jpg

9. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    How do the AVRI Thinline necks compare to the old ones? I had an early 70s one that I loved and shouldn't have sold. Tried a Japanese one a while back and it just didn't do it for me.

Yours looks really pretty

10. kbraker

kbraker Tele-Meister

Nov 25, 2006
    findlay ohio
    2007 G&L Asat tribute classic..

11. wmsimpson

wmsimpson Tele-Holic

Sep 29, 2009
    USA

12. x2plex

x2plex Tele-Meister

Jun 4, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    impossible to choose

The #1 spot alternates from day to day.
    My tele is an old soul in a 10 year old body. Not technically perfect but there is just something special in there. You guys know what I mean.
    The 339 has a way of connecting directly to my mood, for better or worse. True serum is habit forming.

Attached Files:

13. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    Hi Noah,

I wish I could tell you, but I've never played an original '69. Only newer ones. I bought my particular guitar because when I picked it up and started playing it in the store (Chicago Music Exchange) it just spoke to me. One of those moments when you feel like the instrument has become an extension of yourself.

14. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    339 & Tele make a nice pair. Between them they cover a lot of tonal territory. No wonder you need to alternate them. Yours are a really nice looking pair!

15. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 5, 2008
    Tulsa
    my numero uno for the last 15 months.

invisible_steeler_1.jpg

16. Hollandcaster

Hollandcaster Tele-Holic

Jan 31, 2005
    Wagenberg, Holland
    Whaha, I love it:D
    I need to have a strat....

17. mistermullens

mistermullens Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 3, 2007
    Atlanta Area
    Been playing my Epiphone Sheraton mostly as of late.

[​IMG]

18. Coach56

Coach56 One of the Boys

Aug 16, 2013
    Oak Park, IL
    The boots under there are just killing me. Reminds me that it is time to put a coat of polish on my own pair! :lol:

-Harry

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.