Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your Number One

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by T-Bone, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.
    In no order of importance. It would be VERY hard to choose:
    1. 2011 Fender Custom Shop Deluxe, birdseye maple neck, two piece ash body, Master Build PUs (John Cruze)

[​IMG]

2. 2011 Fender Vintage 52 Hot Rod

[​IMG]

3. 2011 Martin OM28 Marquis

[​IMG]

4. Last, but by no means least, 2013 Gibson Custom Shop R9 Limited, Special Edition from the Beauty of the Burst book. Pinstripe maple, faded heritage burst.

[​IMG]

2. mimmo

mimmo Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    Thanks mate,

much appreciated!

3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

The definition of #1 has been extended to 4!

4. brianswindall

brianswindall Tele-Afflicted

Avri 52 = #1

Attached Files:

5. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    After some fun with the soldering iron today, it looks like my number 1 will finally be my number 1! My number one, as in my best/most expensive guitar has been my AVRI '69 Thinline Telecaster ever since I brought it home with me from Chicago. But my number one "go to" guitar had been my humbucker equipped FMT HH Telecaster. Also lightweight, but the humbuckers made it much more practical to play in my electrically noisy old house.

Today I replaced the factory neck pickup in the AVRI with a DiMarzio Area T noiseless neck pickup. Wow! What a difference. I now have a choice of good ol' hardcore Tele twang at the bridge, or with a flick of a switch, a gorgeous full and QUIET modern Tele neck sound. It's like having two different Telecasters in one guitar. Oh bliss!

6. Blue Bear

Blue Bear Tele-Meister

IMG_2457.jpg right side offset all mahogany with p-90s is #1,left side walnut tele with '67 neck is #2 and swamp ash strat is #3. Bastard cousin, Grampa Walnuts and The Younger Brother(aka My Ash-Caster). All built by me, with the help of the forum without whose help would never have been realized. The new number 1 is in the building stage as of yet, a walnut Billy-Bo with TV Jones and a mahogany set neck.Fingers crossed!

7. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm not into reissues, I prefer the old stuff. To each their own.

1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard (prob a 59, as it has the big neck):

[​IMG]

1955 Fender Stratocaster with matching map:

[​IMG]

1957 GreTsch 6120 Chet Atkins model:

[​IMG]

1965 Mosrite Ventures Model:

[​IMG]

1973 Fender Telecaster Custom:

[​IMG]

for acoustic guitars:

1959 Martin 00-21 (Brazilian back and sides just did neck reset):

[​IMG]

1996 Gibson Everly Brothers Custom Shop 4 or 100:

[​IMG]

Martin D-41:

[​IMG]

8. Jared Purdy

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.
    And is that a vintage 1940s D41? Does that 1960 LP get played?

9. Jared Purdy

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.
    Haha! It's not possible, man!! Simply not. Okay, if it was desert island, then you'd be an idiot to take an electric along, as there is clearly no electricity! In that scenario, if it was me (I'm not an idiot, nor am I a cork sniffer), I'd take the Martin. :lol:

10. Jared Purdy

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I wrote too soon. The definition of #1 guitar has been extended to 8!!!

12. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland

13. Coach56

Coach56 One of the Boys

Aug 16, 2013
    Oak Park, IL
    My number one is still my 1990 American Strat Plus. All my other guitars have a specific place and the FSR Silver Burst Tele is quickly becoming a favorite, but when the chips are down and I can only play one guitar the Strat still has the floor.

-Harry

14. 56strat

56strat Tele-Meister

Jul 7, 2008
    Bothell, Washington
    Bummer you could only afford a '60. Basically a re-issue of the '59. Now there is a real guitar.

15. Jared Purdy

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.

16. Jared Purdy

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.
    :lol: I would have said that if you hadn't!

17. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    No, I have a '59 as well. Kind of weak to knock someone's collection, but hey, we all are into different things. Can I see your 56 Strat? Always wanted one, great year.

[​IMG]

18. Jared Purdy

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.
    You're too funny BigDaddy!

19. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Choice of words? I like old guitars. FYI I never paid a quarter million dollars for any of my guitars (or anything close to that).

Like I said, to each their own. You're the one putting words in my mouth. I didn't "cast off" any reissues. I have a couple R series that I have used live for the better part of a decade on and off and they're nice guitars - but I like the old ones better.

I don't have a vintage 1940 D-41. Like my post said, I have a recent one I bought to use while my Everly was being repaired.

I'm really not interested in what people do for a living or how much money they make, I just like old guitars. Started buying them when I was a kid in the 80s/90s and traded my way up to what I have today.

How about we keep this thread about guitars and not personal attacks. I'm not a college professor but what does "ten-yeared" mean? Do you mean tenured, or is that some fancy word they use in Academia?

20. Jared Purdy

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.