Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your Number One

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by T-Bone, Oct 22, 2013.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    Your "number one" guitar; what is it?

Please limit responses to guitars that you currently own - no wish lists or dream guitars.

Doesn't have to be a Tele, but being that this TDPRI, it won't be shocking if a lot of people select a Telecaster as their number one.

Please don't point me to the existing thread. No, I didn't check. No, I won't be surprised to find out that I should have. But if it does exist, it must have been buried in the annals of TDPRI history prior to me, and many others joining.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    I started this, so I'll go first.

I have four electric guitars. I love them all equally. But my AVRI '69 Telecaster is more equal than the others. So that's my Number One.

image-2327126585.jpg

image-3935258550.jpg

3. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    '08 Road Worn 50s Telecaster paired with Blues Junior. Both blonde. Both #1.

4. 66Satellite

66Satellite Tele-Holic

Aug 1, 2010
    Seattle
    Don't have one yet. Have four guitars now. I think I will need to buy a few more to find my number one.

5. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    I have 21 guitars and if you stuck a gun to my head and said pick one it would be.......My SG Special with P 90's. Here he is with his big sister.

Attached Files:

6. drewsblues

drewsblues Tele-Holic

Apr 30, 2008
    Southern California
    2006 Custom Classic Tele for me:

[​IMG]

Non-traditional, and I wish a million things were different about it, but once I pick it up I can't put it down. And it sounds like a million bucks!

7. It's always the latest one.

[​IMG]

8. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2010
    Gotham City
    It's the CS LaCabronita Especial. This one is from 2008 and has a single TV Jones Classic. It is simply an amazing guitar.

Attached Files:

9. drewsblues

drewsblues Tele-Holic

Apr 30, 2008
    Southern California
    Me gusta! :D

10. BWNadeau

BWNadeau Tele-Afflicted

Feb 2, 2011
    Lachute, Canada
    Here's my #1 - Brian Monty custom built Tele. It has a deep-V, 12" R neck, a 1-piece air-dried swamp ash body, a Glendale bridge, Budz Triple Threat Saddles, a Budz 542 bridge pup and a Budz Firebird in the neck. If I was stranded on a island with only strippers and rum as sustenance, this is what I'd bring along. :cool:

[​IMG]

11. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2010
    Gotham City
    Not an obvious choice to most, I suspect. Looks fun! Personally, I am GASsing for a TV yellow LP Jr with a single P-90, so I can understand your choice. Rock on.

12. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
    Still...... my '76

Attached Files:

13. elmicko

elmicko Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2011
    Blount-Vegas, TN

14. Textele

Textele Tele-Holic

Aug 29, 2009
    Texas
    #1 is 2004 Texas Tele and #2 Schecter Solo 6 Custom (a better Les Paul imo)

Attached Files:

15. Textele

Textele Tele-Holic

Aug 29, 2009
    Texas
    The beautiful and talented Mrs. Textele's number 1, an all original 1977 SG.

Attached Files:

16. Ed Boyd

Ed Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Mar 25, 2009
    Illinois
    If I could only keep one it would be the Strat I have had since I was a school kid. It isn't my Number 1. I don't take it out anymore but I have had the darn thing forever.

This is my current number one. Maybe the cheapest guitar I ever bought. $225 MIM 90s Tele toploader. It is a freak the Body and Neck are still stock .... that that is all that is stock.
    [​IMG]

The current number 2 at some gigs it is number 1. This one is all stock taken before it's first gig.
    [​IMG]

17. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    My number one is an American Special with a CS Nocaster in the bridge and Wilkenson compensated brass saddles. The neck is also de-glossed.

It's not a particularly expensive model, but there is just something about the way that one guitar feels and plays that has made it my go-to daily driver. My Hiway 1, which has allegedly the same neck, doesn't have the same feel that the Special has.

My "will never get rid of" guitar is my 1990 PRS Custom. I don't play it nearly as much as I used to, but it was my main gigging guitar back in the day, and has hundreds and hundreds of gigs under its belt with me (and the scars to prove it), and thousands of hours of playing time. It's like that old pair of jeans that fits you just right.

18. 999369

999369 Tele-Meister

Jun 18, 2011
    St George UT
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Danny Gatton ~~~~~ :p :p :p

52 Re~~~~~# 2

[​IMG]

19. ToddinTX

ToddinTX Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    My Number 1 is my Martin D28 standard.

Number 2 is a toss up between my MIM tele and my Yamaha AE500 semi-hollow. Both great guitars and both have their own voice.

Todd

20. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 26, 2008
    roanoke, va
    I'd probably have to say this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.