Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your favourite Tele pick ups

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Chris Vee, Aug 4, 2017.

1. MMARSH

MMARSH Tele-Meister

Jun 21, 2015
    CA
    The V-Mods in my 2017 Professional are by far the best Telecaster pickups I've played.

2. TeleCustom

TeleCustom TDPRI Member

Apr 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg Tennessee
    At the moment my favorite pickups are the ones that came with my 58 AVRI.

3. Gin Mill Cowboy

Gin Mill Cowboy TDPRI Member

Apr 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Don Mare Hayrides!!!!!!!!

P Thought and Stratohacker like this.

4. elelpe

elelpe Tele-Afflicted

May 1, 2008
    SEA
    'Broadcasterish' tele bridge and soapbar / hb-sized P-90 neck. I mainly play rock and jazz.

bacongrease likes this.

5. htwheelz67

htwheelz67 TDPRI Member

Jan 22, 2011
    mission viejo, ca
    I have to second the tonerider hot classics, especially for the price I picked up a classic vibe with A3 pups and they sound pretty much identical so on the cheap find a set of those, my fave tele neck pickup is the GFS fatbody cheap and great sounding it doesent get much better at any price.

6. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Bridges I have nocaster in one and Nashville lion on another. Like antiquity for neck. Imho

El Tele Lobo likes this.

7. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire

I play country and venture into the classic rock.

Diggin' my Cavalier selections. I have several flavors to choose from installed in various Teles and a Strat.

Rob's quality, service and prices are hard to beat.

Have a SD Jerry Donohue/O. C. Duff Big Boy combo I'm rather fond of. A PV58 that sounds great.

A big selection of good quality pickups out there today.

Some of this depends on what amp your running through. I attribute a lot of my sound to my AC15 with the Celestion Blue.

Thank you for asking for "favorite" not "best". Everyone has favorites, does anyone have the "best"?:D

Chris Vee likes this.

8. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    I have an American Special Telecaster with Tex Mex pickups that I don't like as well as the Custom Shop '51 Nocaster pickups I had in an Agile tele-style that I sold so I could afford the Fender.
    I haven't made up my mind yet on whether or not to buy another set of Nocasters for the American Special. Almost there though.

9. rad1

rad1 Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    Lollar CC neck pup

El Tele Lobo likes this.

10. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    I'm liking the cheap, stock Tex Mex pickups in my 2016 50s Road Worn Tele at this time. I have a more "traditional" sounding Tele with Keystones, which I love. But the Road Worn is filling a need. While not the best choice for twangy clean, the higher output/mid focus of the Tex Mex pickups is working great for my trio's blues and blues/rock stuff. Thick and bold in a good way. Lots of compliments on the sound too.

11. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Ad Free + Supporter

Jan 29, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Don Mare Hot Bakelites get my vote.

Stratohacker and Chicago Matt like this.

12. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Cavaliers here on out. Found my voice in them.
    liberating. Never gasing for pickups again. Thanks Rob!

El Tele Lobo likes this.

13. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    I use and love three Teles with different sets: Fender Blackguard, Twisted Tele / Broadcaster, Cavalier Fat Lion. Which one I prefer depends on mood, the sound I want to archieve and, of course, amp/cab used.

14. felis

felis Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2011
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Tokai TEA neck, DiMarzio DP114 VT1 bridge.

15. voskarp

voskarp TDPRI Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Uppsala, Sweden
    I have a MIM Classic 60's Telecaster, and I mostly play blues and bluesy rock(...pop?).

Bare Knuckles; the "Flat '52" in the bridge, Strat "Veneer Board '63s" in neck and middle. Sounds GREAT, in my opinion.

The Strat neck pickup have a nice clear woody tone, the middle is very clear and almost acoustic sounding (I keep it quite low) and the Tele bridge has a raw but well defined bite.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017

16. midnight340

midnight340 Tele-Meister

Dec 27, 2012
    Lawrence, KS
    Another vote for Rumpelstiltskin!! i have the 1950 Black Ropes. Sweet, sweet, and I'm staying with these for sure!!! Aaron does great work, and offers excellent service. In case you can't tell, I absolutely love these pickups!!!

17. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Wilde Microcoils. They are my signature sound.

Derek Kiernan likes this.

18. Stratohacker

Stratohacker Tele-Meister

Apr 18, 2013
    California
    Another vote for Don Mare Hot Bakelites.

19. BobTheOwl

BobTheOwl TDPRI Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Sheffield UK
    Ive got Tonerider Hot Classic bridge and Vintage Plus neck in my MIM Standard, CS 51' Nocasters in my Classic 50s Esquire (currently converted to tele - although i do often swap it back to Esquire) and CS Texas Specials in my Road Worn.

All slightly different, but it depends what you want to pay and the sound you're after. For the money, here in the UK anyway, you can't go wrong with Toneriders. The Custom Shop pick up have shot up in price in the last couple of years. I paid £70 for my Nocasters and £85 for my Texas Specials in 2015, they're both over £150 a set now!

20. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston
    Don Mare DonOCasters and Hayrides - can't decide. Haven't tried Hot Bakelites though.

I also love whatever came in my '62 AVRI Custom.

P Thought likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.