Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your favorite pedal manufacturer

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by DaphneBlue, Dec 24, 2017.

You favorite pedal manufacturer

1. EHX

28 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. STRYMON

14 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. TC ELEC

25 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. BOSS

37 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. EARTHQUACKER

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. LOVE

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. T-REX

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  8. CATALINBREAD

20 vote(s)
    13.5%
  9. HOMEMADE

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. BOUTIQUE

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  11. MXR

22 vote(s)
    14.9%
  12. LINE 6

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. THE ONES YOU FORGOT, HEADLESS OP

35 vote(s)
    23.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland
    Time to vote, folks!

At least it's not political, for the moment...

2. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Nov 22, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    Either Boss or EHX, since I use them most.

My current board has a EHX 22500 looper, Cathedral reverb, BF-2 Flanger and a Digitech Whammy.

Okay based solely on the amount of space eaten on my board: EHX.

3. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    Mad Professor

PigBoy likes this.

4. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Afflicted

Apr 19, 2014
    SATX
    I have favorites for different reasons. MXR and Boss are huge (sentimental) favorites of mine even though they no longer dominate my pedal board because of what they've done for the industry in terms of really getting the compact effect launched and making great, easy to use, rugged, reliable units available to us at attainable prices. Countless great songs have been made in part due to the accessibility of inspiring sounds thanks to these (and other!) manufacturers over the years. I love many of the boutique builders for refining classic sounds, improving great designs, and bringing us new variations on traditional themes.

5. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    The one that makes the pedal I need for the sound that I want - why does there have to be a "favorite"?

6. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    There's more MXR/Dunlop at my toes than any other brand...I like both their vintage and modern offerings...I love the reasonable (Phase 90) size of most of their pedals...and generally, if I like that particular sound (fuzz, phase, overdrive, boost, etc.), I'm going to like their "take" on the effect...and reasonably priced...

Even my “always on" TS9RI Tube Screamer could be replaced by an MXR M66 Classic Overdrive pedal I have in the "reserve drawer"...

MXR is my choice

SaintSilas and Minimalist518 like this.

7. acstorfer

acstorfer Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2007
    Boynton Beach, FL
    I was going to say the exact same thing, but only for BOSS.

I’m not a fan of the majority of their offerings, but the people who do enjoy their stuff are getting a dependable, not just dependable but a tank, pedal that will be working decades after they bought it.

8. Theslack5

Theslack5 Tele-Meister

Mar 13, 2014
    Southampton uk
    The bulk of my board is made up with boss,mxr and Ehx pedals but I voted Ehx because they keep coming up with the craziest stuff. Bought a synth9 recently and have been using it a lot more than I thought I would.

Minimalist518 likes this.

9. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Lovepedal.

kevsonic likes this.

10. Felino

Felino Tele-Meister

Apr 28, 2016
    Belgrade
    Love 'em and have 'em:

EHX.

Budget ones I like:

Mooer.

11. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    I like my homemade pedals, wether they're a straight copy or something that evolved from another design. But as much as I like them they don't do digital effects so I can't get a clean octave pedal or a pitch shifter (so I have an ehx pitchfork) and it doesn't do delay or reverb which I don't have but could probably use.

On my board I have an OCD clone, a tremolo clone can't remember which one and an original design OD loosely based off an op amp fuzz.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017

12. igor5

igor5 Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2016
    Chicago

13. golfnut

golfnut Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2008
    Canada
    If you have a favorite pedal or a manufacture that makes a couple of your favorites I imagine that could be considered your favorite manufacture. Your response isn't really in the spirit the OP intended.
    I guess you could say my favorite pedal manufacture is Kingsley. OD is super important to me and the Kingsley are the best I've ever owned.

14. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2015
    Upper Midwest

15. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    I guess my "spirit" is what is the point of a "favorite" anything? To me it implies that all widgets produced by Brand X are superior to those produced by Brand Y, simply by virtue of loyalty, rather than fact...

That's just me, though...

JJAdams1956 likes this.

16. hollowman

hollowman Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2006
    Kansas City
    Apparently Keeley, since they are the most populous on my board

Ex-riverman likes this.

17. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Just recently took the plunge into pedals and just from a what you get for you money standpoint I'd have to go with EHX. My board is primarily EHX and been really happy with everything. I have a Soul Food, OD Glove, Electric Mistress, Pulsar, Canyon Delay, Tone Corset and Silencer. i also have a couple TC pedals in the Sub N Up and HoF Mini which are both great too. Definitely have the bug now though and always cool seeing what new stuff is out there.

18. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Catalinbread changed my life.:)

Well, okay, maybe a slight exaggeration:rolleyes:, but their amp emulation pedals redefined my pedalboard more than any others and very happy now.

Second place and more unique is VFE. They are more specific in applications, but each one is genius with the features.

I have finally just booted my last Boss pedal. They were great, but too ho hum in today's golden era of pedals.

Modman68 likes this.

19. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    I selected Boss, because they are so iconic. Even in this day of boutique pedals, you can plug in a DS-1, an SD-1, a CS-3, or (my favorite delay of all time) a DD-3, and you know you will get a good sounding pedal that will last forever, for a great price.

Minimalist518 and Ex-riverman like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.