Your Favorite Comic Book Heroes/Villains

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by joel_ostrom, Apr 3, 2013.

1. joel_ostrom

joel_ostrom Tele-Afflicted

Growing up, my guy was Superman. I watched just about every show, movie and incarnation of Superman when I was a kid and to this day he's still my favorite.
    Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 12.18.37 PM.jpg

Honorable Mentions:
    Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 12.20.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 12.21.17 PM.jpg

2. GearHund

GearHund Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

My favorite comics as a kid were the Fantastic 4 and Sgt. Rock.

3. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

I grew up in pre-Marvel days so the options were a bit limited. I liked all the DC stuff but even at a young age they seemed cartoonish. When Marvel hit I was taken immediately by the stories and the artwork.
    I'd have to say Spiderman and the Fantastic Four were my favorites. I dropped out in high school and tried to come back in the 80's when Batman finally got serious but it was too late.
    The stories were good but to keep up with all the lines, spending 50 or 75 bucks just didn't seem worth it. I get some of the Graphic Novels now and enjoy them even if some of the story is missing.

4. Volitan

Volitan Tele-Holic

I love Batman. So frickin cool

5. BlackAmpeg

BlackAmpeg Tele-Holic

Hero: Spider-Man. He's kind of a dweeb, but he knows how to do the right thing, and is an amateur comedian.

Villian: Brak from Space Ghost, for reasons that should be obvious.

6. macheesmo3

macheesmo3 Banned

I don't know if it's my favorite , but the one I have had the most contact with was "Super Ex-Girlfriend!" able to destroy your soul, empty your wallet and leave you wondering how you ever liked her to begin with, IN A SINGLE BOUND!!!! :p

7. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's

Dr. Stephen Strange.

8. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

My two favorite comic book characters are:

The Question

[​IMG]

And Morpheus from Sandman

[​IMG]

9. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Shang Chi
    [​IMG]

Vision
    [​IMG]
    I recently sold this comic, and some other Avengers, and turned them into a 50's Classic Vibe Strat.

Iron Man
    [​IMG]

My favourite, though, was not technically a superhero.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I won't be selling this one.

10. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

the 50s tv superman with george reeves

the 66 tv batman

the 60s/70s spiderman cartoon

after them i didnt pay much attention to other superheroes

11. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

As a kid, I was always drawn to Green Arrow for some reason. Don't ask me why: maybe it was the archery, maybe the liberal politics. <shrugs>

[​IMG]

However, a close friend got me back into comics when he introduced me to Sandman. I've been a raving Neil Gaiman fan ever since.

[​IMG]

13. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Spiderman. I have about 400 of the comics from my childhood. All in consecutive order. All four titles; The Amazing Spiderman, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spiderman, Marvel Tales featuring Spiderman, andI can't remember the 4th at the moment, but it'll come to me. Don't care who it is, no one tops Spidey. MHO.
    There was also a comic called Warlord. Sort of a Journey to the Center of the Earth meets Swords and Sorcery. Loved it.
    For villains it's a toss up between the Green Goblin and Doc Oc.

14. DTPBUSCHPILOT

DTPBUSCHPILOT Tele-Afflicted

Web of Spider-man or maybe Marvel Team-up?

15. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

I like Wolverine and the X-Men stuff. Villains are all kinda cool, but a little too kooky to believe. It makes the movies weird and one sided. When I saw that the new Iron Man movie has him fighting Mandarin I was baffled... Mandarin?!? I guess it makes more sense than having them fight some inter-dimensional warlord or a giant head.

16. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

I have a weakness for the "Underestimate this girl at your own peril" kind of superheroes.
    [​IMG]
    Jubilee for example has been a firm favorite of mine. She's bratty teenager who's not afraid to be brutally honest in her opinions, the fact that when she really loses her marbles she can do a nuke proud also helps here.

Having said that, I wasn't a fan of how Jubilee appeared in the cartoon series.
    [​IMG]
    Because her bratty, streetwise and "If I tell you to shut up you WILL shut up." attitude was gone. In the cartoon series she was this helpless young girl who constantly needed somebody to look after her. When I started reading the old issues however I found out that the role Jubilee had in the cartoon series was actually Kitty Pryde's but because of her not being a regular character in the issues back then, they used Jubilee instead and gave her Pryde's mannerisms.
    [​IMG]

A more recent character I really like because of her being a little girl but with extraordinary power is Toph Beifong from "Avatar the last air bender"
    [​IMG]
    Those familiar with the series will testify that Toph is not a little princess, she belches, Spits, never washes herself ("You call it dirt, I call it a healthy coating of earth.") is content with sleeping on the floor and like Jubilee has this "If I tell you to you shut up, you WILL shut up!" attitude.

But Toph is also blind as a bat which explains her fearless character, because she can't see how imposing something is, she has no problem facing it.

Recently Toph has re-appeared in the comics stories "The promise" and "the Search" and has lost nothing of her sassiness and 'tude.
    [​IMG]

Toph also appears in "Legend of Korra" where even as a middle aged woman, she still kept everything that made me like her so much.

17. Dep

Dep Tele-Holic

Spiderman and the X-Men were my favorites, but I read pretty much anything Marvel related.

I preferred Batman over Superman when I read DC comics.

Dep

18. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

Code:

That's about it for me too. The 50's Superman seemed more realistic to me than the 60's Batman, even though it ( our TV) was in black and white.

The Batman show was kind of fakey with the BAM!! POW!! stuff, I still liked it though. I wasn't into comics or cartoons at that time, so I didn't see much of the Spiderman shows. :neutral:

For a while, in the early 60's I was into those Superman, Batman, Godzilla, King Kong models. Had a bunch of them including the monsters, Frankenstein, Dracula, the Werewolf, Phantom of the opera, etc. :twisted:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  19. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Spider-Man was always my favorite, too. Put a good character writer on his book and you've got some great stories (Stan Lee, Roger Stern, and J.M Dematteis are some of my favorites).

I will admit, Batman got all the best villians. Joker in particular. It's cliche cause it's true.

Captain America had some good villians, too. Remember Arnim Zola, the **** scientist with his face in his stomach? Awesome.

And yes, Sandman was great. Neil Gaiman is one of the best writers working today in any medium.

Since I'm thinking about it, though, I think the scariest comic villain was Dr. Gull, the man Alan Moore used as Jack the Ripper in From Hell.

20. Bluegroove

Bluegroove Tele-Meister

I love the golden age stuff. Mostly Green Lantern., what character! And Venom with his good guy/bad guy struggles. Oh, I almost forgot the X Men were great too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.