Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your building another guitar, you haven't even finished the last one!!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Bugeater281, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Bugeater281

Bugeater281 Tele-Meister

Nov 30, 2016
    Omaha
    That's what the girlfriends been saying, but I'm going ahead with it. My tele is coming out great, so I decided to push my limits and make something a bit more difficult. Down below is what I'm shooting for, IM using a tele template. It may or may not end up with lower horn. This is a hollow guitar, I may or may not install a pickup at the neck just for the heck of it. IMG_6624.PNG IMG_6625.PNG IMG_6626.PNG This is the bottom it's still in progress. IMG_6706.JPG IMG_6707.JPG Now this guitar will actually be a sandwiched body, so the back will be walnut, the middle will be some Birdseye maple(not the greatest quality) and the top will also be walnut. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to fill the center. I would like to keep the grain consistent. IMG_6708.JPG IMG_6710.JPG This is the top. It's slightly cupped but I haven't plenty of room to flatten. IMG_6712.JPG This is what I can't decide, I could do an all walnut neck or a laminated neck made of maple and mahogany. This maple is very flamed. IMG_6713.JPG this will deffinetly be an interesting build, it may turn out like crap. But you gotta learn somewhere. Other ideas I'm toying with are if I should go fretless, and if I should go with a free floating pickup right in front of the neck.

brownale99 likes this.

2. YALCaster

YALCaster TDPRI Member

Jul 24, 2017
    noitacoL
    Interesting. Can’t wait to see how this build goes

3. oldrebel

oldrebel Friend of Leo's

Oct 23, 2011
    Lynchburg Tennessee
    Sounds like a plan. I'll be watching.

4. Ripthorn

Ripthorn Tele-Afflicted

Oct 22, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Starting one before the previous is finished is called "par for the course" for me :)

Jackadder and SheldonP like this.

5. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    You could tell your G.F. "Yeah, guitar building is stupid. I think instead, I'll join some of the guys and young hotties from the office after work for some epic drinking. ". Maybe serial guitar building won't seem like such a bad idea to her then.

Piggy Stu and Zepfan like this.

6. Bugeater281

Bugeater281 Tele-Meister

Nov 30, 2016
    Omaha
    Messed up a bit. Gotta love router bits. Their a blessing and a curse. Making some progress though. IMG_6715.JPG IMG_6716.JPG IMG_6717.JPG IMG_6715.JPG IMG_6716.JPG IMG_6717.JPG its not perfect. And I'm cheap on wood so I'm using smaller pieces more than I'd like. But I have no idea how this will turn out. So I'm not dropping a ton of money on nice wood. Plus I need a band saw. My life is miserable without one.

7. Bugeater281

Bugeater281 Tele-Meister

Nov 30, 2016
    Omaha

8. Bugeater281

Bugeater281 Tele-Meister

Nov 30, 2016
    Omaha

9. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan

10. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Wood wool
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [​IMG]

Excelsior, or wood wool
    Wood wool, known primarily as excelsior in North America,[1] is a product made of wood slivers cut from logs and is mainly used in packaging, for cooling pads in home evaporative cooling systems known as swamp coolers, for erosion control mats, and as a raw material for the production of other products such as bonded wood wool boards and used as stuffing for stuffed animals,

No, I wouldn't do that to it just yet. It seems to be coming together. Onward and Upward !!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.