Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Your Blue, Red, and Yellow Ribbon builds

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by steam-powered, Sep 6, 2014.

1. steam-powered

steam-powered Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2013
    USA
    Title says it all. Let's see your top three favorite builds! In about three weeks I'll be done with my fifth build and it's very probable that it'll be my Blue ribbon tele.

2. NJ Tele

NJ Tele TDPRI Member

Feb 1, 2011
    New Jersey

3. steam-powered

Jan 6, 2013
    USA
    So many folks here with loads of guitars they've built from parts, surprised more folks haven't posted.

I really like the sonic blue tele build!

4. Kennedycaster

Kennedycaster Tele-Afflicted

Apr 5, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    Here's my top three, but they're not "partscasters". I make my own bodies & necks & mix my own colors.

This would be my "blue ribbon" build. I know, it's not a Tele (sorry), but it's such a fantastic player. I miss this one allot. It gets gigged regularly in a blues band....
    [​IMG]

Here's my "red ribbon" Build. I love whiteguards. This one came out superb. Another one I wish I still had.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This would be my "yellow ribbon" build. It plays great, but is on the heavy side. The grain is beautiful on this one & depth of the finish is amazing in person. Birdseye maple neck on this one too.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bob

5. steam-powered

Jan 6, 2013
    USA
    Wow, very nice work, really nice looking!!! The white-guard tele is my favorite of the bunch, Fenders best era in my opinion.l What pickups are in the strat-build?

6. Kennedycaster

Kennedycaster Tele-Afflicted

Apr 5, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    Bill Lawrence Keystones in all three. They are my "standard issue" pickups in my Tele & Strat builds.

Bob

7. billybarool

billybarool Tele-Meister

Mar 4, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah that whiteguard is sweet!

8. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My last three were just that.. .:D

Blue, Red and sorta Yellow.....:cool:.:)

Attached Files:

9. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    These three, in no particular order.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Wow! :D Ya gotta tell me more about that "notty" guitar. Pickups? Wiring? Woods (neck and body)?

11. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Attached Files:

12. bullfrogblues

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    Thank you, Larry!
    I've posted in several other places about this guitar, but the Cliff Notes are:
    100 year old pine barn plank given to me, I decided to do an offset rather than a Strat or Tele body for me to have something different.
    The pups are Railhammer H90 Gnarly bridge and neck, P90s in humbucker size.
    3-way switch with CTS 500 KΩ pots. Warmoth maple/rosewood neck I bought used a couple years ago, 10-16 compound radius finished in nitro.
    I lightly sprayed the body with amber shellac to get the color I wanted, other than what was already in the wood, and cleared with Spraymax 2K urethane, more for protection of the soft wood. I let it sink into the splits and cracks and waviness of the body, not worrying to wet sand and polish. I love it!

13. fabricator

fabricator Tele-Meister

Jun 29, 2012
    Texas
    Blue: 1960-spec Telecaster.
    Red: 1959-spec LPJR.
    Yellow: 1956-spec LP (does gold count?)

All are scratch builds.

Attached Files:

14. fabricator

fabricator Tele-Meister

Jun 29, 2012
    Texas
    Wait a minute...
    I found a yellow one!

Attached Files:

15. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Thanks for re-posting the info here. This is the first I've seen this guitar. It sure is a beauty. The fact that the body wood is a century old barn plank makes it even more appealing to me. And for a distinctive wood the distinctive offset shape is a nice touch. Kinda reminds me of a Jazzmaster or Jaguar shape.

I'm not familiar with the H90 pups. Any chance you have some soundclips or videos of that guitar in action?

16. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Fabricator (Troy, is it?), you've got skills, my friend. They all look like first rate work, and that LP jr. and the "yellow one" (as you put it) both really appeal to me.

17. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Oh, and I noticed too that you're also in Texas. Just where in this big ol' state are ya? Do you build amps as well?

18. bullfrogblues

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    Thanks again!
    I have no recording ability, so no clips. There are some on the Railhammer website. Going to it's first gig tonight, so I'll see how it performs.

19. MerckTenpenny

MerckTenpenny Tele-Meister

Feb 7, 2014
    New Jersey
    Interested in selling this one, or building another one? :D

This is NICE.

20. Slidertom

Slidertom Tele-Meister

Jul 16, 2014
    So-Cal
    Really liking bullfrogblues blue StrataTele. Unique. And it seems a Rory Gallager fan too!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.