Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

You just can't make this stuff up

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Middleman, Sep 13, 2017.

1. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    "Her father, Jesse Quackenbush, a well-known defense attorney in Amarillo, Tex.,"

I got this far and figured out why her rage issues went unchecked. Did it mention who was playing at the club she was parked by?

2. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

papa32203 I won't argue with you, I get your point. Maybe this can help explain what I was trying to express: One big difference between the average person and a police officer is that police have constant training and exposure to potentially violent situations. They also are well trained and experienced in the use of a wide variety of tools-- de-escalation, talking, night stick, pepper spray, Taser, wrestling, etc. While the real problem is "people" I would say that in many cases people focus too much on a single tool, one that has exceptional consequences without room for error. It reminds me of the saying, "if all you have is a hammer every problem looks like a nail".

PacificaChris and Flakey like this.

3. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Nov 4, 2011
    Surprise, AZ

Chris,

Search up the youtube video of NYPD Officers confronting the guy who shot a co-worker outside the Empire State Building a few years ago. I believe it was nine innocent bystanders wounded by police bullets.

Not all police are as well-trained as we would assume them to be.

I am unable to run from danger anymore (always was my first choice). Hence, the .45 on my hip. But, I am not going to shoot someone just because he is banging on my window. I do not want to spend one day in jail, thank you.

4. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    I don't think it was about the Second Amendment either. I was trying to politely say I don't have an anti-gun bias.

burntfrijoles and william tele like this.

5. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Tele-Afflicted

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    AMEN.

Or maybe two. If it's a men then it has to be two.

6. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    She was inside her car when he first confronted her, she was outside of it when she shot him twice. That doesn't sound like she was acting in fear or self defense to me, it sounds like she became quite mad and went after him with a loaded gun. Combine this with her history, and things are pretty easy to figure out.

7. Endless Mike

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    Right, but have you noticed how logic and common sense have been eroding for some time now? It seems to have started in the 80's.
    The last fifteen years, it seems to have been accelerating like mad.

Johnson johnson likes this.

8. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Yes, the Age Of Aquarius is long gone, we're now living in the Age Of Entitlement. Accountability and responsibility are on the endangered species list.

william tele likes this.

9. Endless Mike

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    I've noticed that honesty has taken a HUGE hit. Simple, plain rigorous honesty without exception, no matter how hard, would remedy a lot of this nonsense.

10. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Yep, integrity is out the window as well. People in general these days don't care about anything except themselves. I think it has a lot to do with computers, video games, smart phones, etc. When I was a kid we would go out after school and get a group together to play football or baseball. We were socially adjusted from an early age and knew how to interact with other humans.

These days, kids stay in their rooms and play video games. Social "interaction" involves text messaging.

william tele likes this.

11. Endless Mike

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    I don't doubt those play a big role. But as I've said before, watching how people treat/raise their kids has been an enormous eye opener for me. I've become convinced that this has perpetuated assorted dysfunctionality. The 80's "me" generation really got the ball rolling. Subsequent generations unconsciously cultivate it and pass it on.

12. Endless Mike

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    And worse, Facebook.

13. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

14. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    I was a teenager in the eighties, but I spent enough time in the late seventies-mid eighties getting my butt blasted, having certain privileges suspended, and occasional weeks of incarceration (in my room) when I got out of line, to learn what was and was not appropriate behavior.

In other words, "accountability".

If a current-day social worker spent a month at my house when my brother and I were kids, chances are good that we would have been removed from the household and my parents jailed. But that's how we were ALL raised back then. We learned right from wrong, we learned responsibility and accountability, and we didn't go off shooting up schools because we were unhappy.

Johnson johnson likes this.

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

There were entitled daughters of powerful people, long before there was today's social media.

This story has been spread around fast enough, thanks to modern communication but in some ways it is as old as stories come.

There have always been entitled people........always.

P Thought and deytookerjaabs like this.

16. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Oh, my....I'm sorry brother Frody...but I'm going to have to summon @kelnet, @blowtorch and @Mike Eskimo. There will accusations of finger wagging, cloud yelling, harrumphing, lawn protecting, boomer collusion, HOA mind control, viking denying and there will be some cries of "pay your dues if you wanna play the blues"....

It could be... The Apocalypse. God help us. :D

bottlenecker likes this.

17. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 24, 2015
    west of I-10
    2 people pull over in a sketchy side street at 3am and sit there motor running loud music?
    It sounds like the were cutting lines. No wonder she didnt report for several days.

18. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Compare school shootings in 1985 to current times. It's easy to say "kids these days", but things WERE different when I was growing up. Heck, even if there WAS a fight after school, if it got too far out of hand the crowd would break up the two who were fighting to prevent the one losing from getting seriously injured.

Were we rebellious punks? Absolutely. But there sure seems to be a different set of accepted standards now than there was back then.

19. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    OK so william tele fired up the blowtorch signal, but really I can't disagree that most kids' culture is relatively pretty messed up these days, in the manner that Froebro described.

Not that boomers aren't to blame. Everything is the boomers's's' fault :)

william tele likes this.

20. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Can't go much further than this. Key word? ACCEPTED...thank ya, Frody!

Johnson johnson and Frodebro like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.