Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

You call the genre.

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Aen, Apr 14, 2005.

What do you call this?

1. Dixieland heavy metal tribal polka

100.0%
  2. Experiemental

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ambient

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tele fueled art type stuff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aen

Aen Tele-Holic

Nov 7, 2004
    Eau Claire, WI
    Hey guys and gals, I've got some pretty wild stuff available now on my webpage.

check out "100% Guitar" #0-2

they're 100% guitar! And seriously, tell me what genre to call it. Also, the older tracks have vocals, but not much guitar...

aenmusic.com

GAH! I spelled experimental wrong! Oh well. It was very avant garde, that mis spelling...

2. JMH65

JMH65 Tele-Meister

Mar 11, 2005
    Denison TX
    Psssst......What's the link? :D

3. tonfarbe

tonfarbe Tele-Holic

Jun 24, 2004
    Berlin, Yer-up
    AMBIENT

Aen, nice stuff - I love it.
    Off course, you use an EXPERIMENTAL approach on the guitar to create the sounds, but in the end, the result is beautiful ambient soundscapes.
    Reminds me pretty much of what I did on the first two Laub (my main band/project - more info on kitty-yo.net) releases and the Tritop album (improvised Drum 'n Bass project in the 90ies).
    Btw, I used to call it "treated guitar" back then.

4. Aen

Aen Tele-Holic

Nov 7, 2004
    Eau Claire, WI
    Nice! I'll have to check that out!

anyway, the link is

http://www.aenmusic.com

maybe it'll be blue this time...

5. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

100% guitar....

good stuff for movie soundtracks

6. playon

playon TDPRI Member

Apr 7, 2005
    I guess I'd call it ambient soundscapes or something -- whatever, I like it. Tell us about the gear & how you recorded it. Sounds loud!

Al

7. Aen

Aen Tele-Holic

Nov 7, 2004
    Eau Claire, WI
    #0 I made long long ago with a strat copy and a delay pedal and my itty bitty crate amp. The washy parts are time stretched copies of the more "normal" sounding parts.

#1 I made with Cubase and my Parts Tele. Again I used the timestretching technique, but also a bit crusher, and loads of other effects within the program. The part that sounds like some kind of data stream or crazy computer, is actually me scratching the strings as fast as possible, and then running through an aggressive tremelo, and a flanger or chorus, I think. I also pitch shifted the main chord progression to get the "6 string bass" sound. I would have used a Jaguar Baritone custom, but they are $700 and I only had $5.

#2 Is my MIM standard>bad monkey>Ableton Live 4

It's an insane computer program. I used the "PLogue Rebuilder" plugin a lot, Filter delay, and "Mad Shifta" as well as a bit of pitch shifting for the beat.

Live is mainly what I'm using for now, 100% guitar #3 and #4 should be available soon....

8. playon

playon TDPRI Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Cool -- Are the plugins you mention built into Ableton or second party?

9. Aen

Aen Tele-Holic

Nov 7, 2004
    Eau Claire, WI
    Plogue and Mad shifta are 2nd party, i got em from VST central, or some such nonsense. Live can pitch shift, and do a sort of time stretching thing, as well as a zillion other things.

Actually, about the "loudness" comment- this was probably the quietest recording I've ever done, cause with the exception of #0, it was all Direct input recordings. And #0 was a mic on a very wimpy lil' amp.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.