Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yet another Affinity Esquire

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Mrkil, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Mrkil

Mrkil TDPRI Member

Just got a package in from GFS. The rest of the parts for my Esquire conversion have finally arrived.

As I bought it a few weeks ago
    [​IMG]

Here are a couple quick shot before I break out the soldering iron on the weekend.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the wiring I will be using.
    [​IMG]

2. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Tele-Afflicted

Nice. Is the headstock decal original? Never seen one like it.

3. Mrkil

Mrkil TDPRI Member

Thanks
    The Squire and Fender are.
    I scraped the "Tele" and Affinity and added the Esquier

4. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Oct 2, 2013
    Reno
    That's cool and it'll surely mess up a bunch of collectors in another fifty years (as I silently chuckle to myself).

5. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Oct 2, 2013
    Reno
    You've got a nice conversion but it's too bad that we have to resort to conversions. I really like Esquires and I've mentioned in other threads that the Squire line really ought to have a version of the Fender Classic Series Esquire. The most likely candidate to base an Esquire on might be the CV Series but I would welcome the introduction of any Squire Esquire.

6. Mrkil

Mrkil TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

Wiring is all done and it sounds good. It will sound great once I pickup eith a CV or Texas pup to replace the animic affinity one.

I've always wondered why they never made more Esquies. I'm sure it's likely a profitability thing.....

7. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

That looks really nice and is something I am planning to do to my BSB Affinity sometime.

I have been inspired by a pic elsewhere on here, of a Butterscotch Esquire with a plain white pickguard, which looks great IMO.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.