Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yes I am a borderline old fogey, but country music has jumped the shark.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by 985plowboy, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Meister

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    Sturgeon's Law has no exception for country music: ninety per cent of everything is crap.

But there's still the ten per cent.

And if that fails, there's always your telecaster. . . .

2. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2014
    Arivaca AZ
    I have been lately not listening to a lot of country stations because of the stupid "bro"country fad. I can only taken a very small amount of that. Been listening to a lot of satellite radio as a result.

Although reading some of the posts here, I.m thinking there's a lot of fans of that music here.

3. NotAnotherHobby

NotAnotherHobby Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2015
    Da' Magic Mittin'
    I remember as a kid when we'd go out into the country and stop into a place where the old timers had the radio on and listening to this, that, or the other. Comparatively speaking, that was *the* definition of Country Music to me. Guys like Little Jimmy Dickens, Scruggs and Flatt, Hank Williams, and so on. Sort of raw, unadulterated, traditional. The stuff of today is very processed and generic, if you ask me.

And this is coming from a guy who absolutely hates Country Music.

4. PonyExpress

PonyExpress TDPRI Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Texas
    my niece and all her friends are FGL nuts.
    she insists that they are country.
    I told her I wouldn't let em wash my truck!

Shes not talking to me right now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.