Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yellow Tele just finished

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by mefgames, May 28, 2013.

1. mefgames

mefgames Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Oct 31, 2010
    North Bay, Ca
    I put this on hold until I finished another project, but got back to it as soon as the other one was done. So here it is.

Alder Body was built from the Terry Downs blueprint and the maple neck from the PDF Tele neck file that I found here on TDPRI. Rosewood fretboard with Dan Erlewine 152 fret wire. Pickups are SD neck and Fender MIM bridge. Bridge is a Fishman piezo. Tuners are Gotoh ovals. Pots are CTS, wired like a std Tele. I mixed that eye catching yellow with Colortone Yellow and White added to a dark amber tinted Mohawk Nitro. Pickguard was a lucky find on ebay. I say lucky because I didn't want to go the old black or white route. I think it really compliments the yellow.

Still have to do the mandatory tweaks, but I wanted get it strung up.

Attached Files:

2. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2008
    The Golden State
    Amazing job! I love the color.

3. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Nice looking Tele, cool pick guard. Congrats.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.