Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yamaha THR5

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by kend, Jan 12, 2014.

1. kend

kend Tele-Meister

Jan 12, 2014
    Vancouver
    I'm loving this little amp guys. Have any of you tried recording from the headphone out?
    I did today, here's a link to a recording I did today.

Guitar tones THR5 - Clean and British amps...

I called it "what life is for" , and plan to add vocals..

http://alonetone.com/kend/tracks/what-life-is-for-inst-vers

2. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Meister

May 14, 2011
    South Louisiana
    Sounded great to me. I am waiting on a THR10c to show up.

3. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    you can run the headphone out into a much larger digital amp like the Mustangs for huge awesome tones.

4. Tele-toter

Tele-toter TDPRI Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Greensboro
    review PLEASE!

5. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    No reviews needed.It does what it says on the packet,you do really get some great tube sounds but its not one of these "put a bigger speaker in "etc .You play and practice at bedroom levels because its got those special HiFi derived speakers .Usually its the large speakers that kill playing at family volume s.Even my Champ with a 6 inch speaker blew the windows out .You turn down the amp and all the tone drops from the sky with it .The THR series tackle that by giving small but very special speakers that keep the tone up but the sound down .Great idea.Not cheap .I have just bought a shop soiled but new 15 watt all tube Laney for 66 quid less than a THR10C.Great sounds but try running it late at night ....or even during the day .I like the 10C as it has great variety for my styles .Clean or driven ,blues or jazz and country .

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.