Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yamaha THR10c Questions

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by gill, Jul 28, 2015.

1. gill

gill TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2008
    staten island
    Hello-Just got one of these and hoping to put some time on it this week. 2 quick questions-
    1.Will adding my own user presets replace the factory presets?
    2. Will I still be able to tweak my user presets while playing using the gain/ treble/ other knobs on the amp once they are stored?
    Thanks!

2. doolbon

doolbon TDPRI Member

Sep 21, 2014
    california
    Yes to both your questions. Enjoy!

3. gill

gill TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2008
    staten island
    Thank you sir! I was hoping to have the 5 factory sounds + 5 user presets to chose from on the unit itself, but oh well

4. nikola

nikola Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2013
    Malaysia
    Hi gill,

If you to save your factory sounds before changing any of the presents, I would recommend that you download the software that comes with it so that you can do exactly just that. You can then tweak to your heart's content after that.

Also, having the software enables you to make adjustments that are not accessible with the amp alone.

Enjoy.

5. gill

gill TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2008
    staten island
    Thanks Nikola!

6. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2008
    Louisiana, USA
    I am definitely interested in hearing what you think about the amp after you've played around with it a bit. I am dangerously close to picking one up real soon!

7. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

do it ....had mine for 3 weeks or so and can't wait to get home to play with it most days...:cool:

8. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

I'm a big fan of the THR series - first got a THR 10, but my buddy from an outer island loved it so much I sold it to him and replaced it with the THR 10C.

Recently got the THR5 for a simpler and smaller practise amp for the computer desk.

My one knock on the 10C is Yamaha's decision to use a dark grey and small font on a black background for the control labels - really hard to read in dim light.

9. ellisvertellis

ellisvertellis Tele-Holic

Nov 29, 2012
    belgium
    Has anyone tried the update yet? On the THR site they say the speaker emulation has improved for "more depth and character"... Any noticeable difference?

10. gill

gill TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2008
    staten island
    only played through it on 2 separate occasions but really impressed so far and still haven't gotten into the other presets on the software ,creating my own sounds or the cubase recording bit. My bedroom amp prior to this one was a Tech 21 Trademark 10-great overdriven tones & really versatile, but the THR10C has better cleans and offers a lot more flexibility (although its really an apples to oranges type of comparison). I've heard that playing with the cab sims via the editor is worth doing too. Pretty sure this amp is a keeper for me.

11. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    Mine(THR5) is in the mail, and reading these threads is so intriguing. I really was drawn to for the "practice" type tools it offers. The fact that everyone says it sounds great at low volumes is a bonus for playing around the house.

12. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

hah....brother by another mother....my other practise amp is a Tech 21 Trademark 10....I wish the THR10C came with the pages of presets the Tech 21 did....overall the Yamaha is the winner by 40 lengths

13. gill

gill TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2008
    staten island
    Agree completely!

14. robbah99

robbah99 TDPRI Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Sweden
    FYI,
    You can download the original preset libraries from yamaha and load into the THR10. Does not matter what type, I have made a combined preset library with all the presets from the standard 10 and the 10C & 10X all running from my standard 10.
    You would think that a 10 cannot load the 10C/X library but it can.

15. gill

gill TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2008
    staten island
    interesting...there were some amp models on the original thr10 that I would like to try
    thanks!

16. Bluesbrother777

Bluesbrother777 TDPRI Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Baltimore
    I thought the presets were not interchangeable between models. I'm going to try to get some high gain goodies from THR10X for my THR10C. Would be awesome if it works

17. ellisvertellis

ellisvertellis Tele-Holic

Nov 29, 2012
    belgium
    Keep us posted!

18. LPBlue

LPBlue Tele-Holic

Jul 27, 2003
    Markdale, Ontario
    I tried loading the 10/X presets into my 10C but all the editor tells me is "invalid model" and they do not work.

J.R.

19. Bluesbrother777

Bluesbrother777 TDPRI Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Baltimore
    Yup, same here: invalid model. BTW I found out that the v2.0 upgrade is only for THR10. 10C/X already have it from the factory

20. LPBlue

LPBlue Tele-Holic

Jul 27, 2003
    Markdale, Ontario
    It would be interesting to see if someone who owns a V1.0 THR10 can load the C/X presets. If they can, then part of V2.0 was crafted to cripple that ability. I see no reason why the hardware would not be able to handle any version of the software and the presets that go with it.

J.R.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.