Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yamaha THR10 VS ???

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by meirmusic, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Brian Dress

Brian Dress Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2016
    Anaheim
    but in all seriousness, the THR10 is amazing! You can even modify it to put the output to a cab if you want.

2. 43mmNut

43mmNut TDPRI Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Rockville, Md
    I've had my THR10 now for a few weeks, and I'm impressed with how versatile it is, tone and volume wise. Anid it's too easy just to pick it up and move to another location when needed.

3. Brian Dress

Brian Dress Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2016
    Anaheim
    um something really cool that the THR can do. USB interface to the desktop...and then run the output of the PC to its speakers...so send the DI from the amp to...BIAS Amp and unlock limitless tones! Oh man so frickin cool

Cliffyg62 likes this.

4. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Portugal
    Can you use the THR as the usb interface or do you need to buy a separate interface?

5. foundjoe

foundjoe Tele-Holic

Apr 28, 2013
    Kansas
    You can use the THR as the interface although it's overkill if that's all you use the THR for.

6. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Portugal
    But the signal you send to Bias or other software will first go through the THR simulations right? So you use the clean channel to do it?

7. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    At your DAW, you can specify a dry (unaffected) signal or one with an amp sim, so it can act as a true interface.

8. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Portugal
    Do you need a DAW for that? I use Bias (and Amplitube) standalone editions and not plugins with a DAW.

9. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    It should be available under your input channel for whatever you're using (or at system level). The THR definitely sends a L/R dry and a L/R affected signal at the same time over USB, and that has nothing to do with the DAW.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016

10. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    Best thing about the THR's is -- you can hide them in the kitchen, next to the toaster and microwave without being detected.
    whoot? who's been playing too loud? :confused::D

11. Brian Dress

Brian Dress Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2016
    Anaheim
    I use Bias standalone as well. It lets you pick the active input. I unchecked the boxes marked THR L and THR R and only leave the ones that say DI checked.

12. Brian Dress

Brian Dress Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2016
    Anaheim
    Don't get me wrong. The THR models are amazing. You can pull some awesome sounds from that little guy. I was just messing with some super high gain stuff and also playing with some FX I don't normally use.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.