Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yamaha Thr10 Vs Boss Katana 50

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Alexpapasitoguapo, Mar 14, 2018.

1. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Very interesting... I had no idea they were considered top-shelf amps.

2. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England
    Both the Katana and Blues Cube benefit from technology developed for the Boss Waza Craft high-end amplifiers; the 'brown' preset on the Katana is a good example.

3. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    As one who loves a great clean tone most of the time and a great very mild overdrive tone on occasion, that Waze Craft isn’t for me. Nor do I have any interest or need in spending that kind of money. That said, there may be a small, low-power Boss head that has great tones, low price, and can run just driving a set of powered studio monitors that I might really enjoy.

Right now the THR10 is performing magnificently for me, but I’m always open to considering new, better options for the way that I play (headphone output from the THR10 to a pair of M-Audio BX8 powered studio monitors).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018

4. Fred.T

Fred.T Tele-Meister

Sep 29, 2009
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Hey there’s an imposter on your tele rack. You really should give that Strat away. And fill that empty space uniformly. :)

5. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Yes, I will admit to having THREE of those "imposters". But they ain't goin' nowhere! I do play my Teles a lot more, but a good Strat is a wonderful guitar - and there ain't nothin' like a Strat!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.