Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yamaha THR10 problem with noise/hum.

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by HugoMelo, May 11, 2016.

1. HugoMelo

HugoMelo TDPRI Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Europe
    Hi guys,

I just received my Yamaha THR10 and I really like the sounds, it's amazing. But I'm a bit disappointed with the noise/hum that comes right after I play something on the guitar.

Here's the YouTube link to demonstrate the problem, you can read the conditions in which this recording was made:

I would appreciate some input from current/precious THR10 owners to decide if this is normal or maybe the unit is defective.

Thank you.

2. HemiVision

HemiVision TDPRI Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Totonto
    There was a version 2 released to rectify the problem you're talking about. Check to see if you in fact purchased the new ver 2 model. If you have old stock, I understand Yamaha will exchange it for the new version hassle free. There is alot of mention of this "hum" problem around the web and it appears people are happy with the ver 2. I personally just bought the THR10C. I think I'm going to want the original THR10 as well. I'm missing the gain sometimes and the 10 has a very good model of this with their modern setting. These amps are stellar!!! Plug 'n Play, no stomp pedals required and that's the beauty of it. It's hard to believe the sound that comes out of those little bitty speakers.

Cliffyg62 likes this.

3. Falconbill

Falconbill Tele-Meister

Sep 27, 2015
    Southeast
    You've got it on the Brit Hi amp model with the gain and master dimed. That's going to be very noisy. Try dialing back the gain/master. Have you tried the editor to engage the noise gate? The editor is your friend with this amp.

Cliffyg62 likes this.

4. sunnysal

sunnysal TDPRI Member

Mar 28, 2016
    san salvador
    My thr10 is unbearably noisey with my Strat but dead quiet with my Steinberger. So I only use clean and crunch with the Strat and use the higher gain settings with the Steinberger, sad but that is how I 'solved' my noise problem.

5. handers

handers TDPRI Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Gloucestershire
    I've just recently got a thr and as far as i know the V1's had faulty power leads that were noisey which yammy will exchange for anyone. Saying that if the amp you select is noisey the thr is designed to emulate that too...great bit of kit!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.