Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Yamaha THR vs. Blackstar I'd Core BEAM

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by fatcat, Jul 6, 2015.

1. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

Jul 6, 2010
    Very Deep South
    Anyone have first hand experience with both? I have watched reviews of both. I currently lean toward the Blackstar.

2. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Western Australia
    I currently have a Blackstar ID Core 40 that replaced a THR5 and THR10 both original cream ones "C" I think ? Both were used only in my house and both died in the sense that they began to sound shrill just after the warranty period expired ? The THR10 was the better sounding of the two.

The Blackstar sounds so much better and BIGGER, incredible surround type sound in a bedroom setting. No acoustic or bass modelling like the THR10 but it has a three year warranty. I will say that the Blackstars delay isn't as good out of the box as the THR but you can plug it into a laptop and alter the effects.

Obviously the Blackstar your looking at will stream music wirelessly which is also a plus.

I just realised that the BEAM does indeed cater for bass and acoustic playing. Another plus for the excellent Blackstar.

3. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

May 13, 2009
    NY
    I played the ID Core 40 in my local shop. It was really impressive. The stereo effects sound amazing! I went with a Cube 40GX because I am a fan of Roland and I got a 10" speaker plus a $50 rebate, but I am really squirming a bit with the decision. The Blackstar was really sweet. If I could justify the $200 I would buy one without hesitation. Blackstar wins hands down for high gain dirt!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.