Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Yamaha Compass Series pickup problem

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by krumbull, Dec 27, 2012.

1. krumbull

krumbull NEW MEMBER!

Dec 27, 2012
    Ireland
    Hey there,

Hope someone can shed light on this.
    I have a 12 yr old Yamaha Compass semi-acoustic and recently started using it again in gigs but the sound is now heavily distorted. I've been told it's either the battery or the pickup needs replacing. Now I replaced the 9v battery which made no difference but after I tried the new battery I tested it on a battery tester strip that came w the battery and it was almost dead!

Could the gtr be bleeding the battery at an excessive rate?

any help welcome:)

2. Teleterr

Teleterr Tele-Afflicted

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    So the battery tested ok, then how long was it in ? Seems like a short if it was overnight or at least hours.

3. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 28, 2010
    Warrington, Pa. USA
    if the battery tested good and it bled out over night... I would think the stereo Jack is bad and stuck in the on position. It should cut power to the preempt from the battery when you pull your guitar cable out.... unless you are leaving the cable plugged in?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. krumbull

krumbull NEW MEMBER!

Dec 27, 2012
    Ireland
    Hi thanks guys. No the new, fresh battery tested empty after 15 mins in the gtr. I've been now told an earth problem is causing this...does that make sense?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.