Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Xaviere Teles. Any opinions?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DrumBob, Nov 18, 2012.

1. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

I have a slight case of GAS for one of those Xaviere Teles, the XV 820. I don't know why. I guess I just want another Shell Pink guitar. At the price they go for, it's a no-brainer. I suppose.

Has anyone else bought one? How much work do they need out of the box? I expect it'll need a setup, but were there other issues?

Attached Files:

2. tholt34

tholt34 TDPRI Member

I like mine. i'm not a great player but it played good and stayed in tune. Pick ups don't sound half bad either. I have changed the since neck now since buying the guitar b/c i wanted a fatter neck on it. The necks are a little bit on the slim side. Other then that I don't think its a bad guitar.

3. chauncy

chauncy Tele-Meister

I bought a loaded sea foam green body like that off clearance.
    I put an all parts neck on it. Its sounds and plays great.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. bendecaster

bendecaster Friend of Leo's

I've got a pile of SX's from rondo and have made a few real players out of. These look better, as the bodies have more "correct" appointments. The rondo Tele's have those staggered ferrules and these don't. I can get a rondo in about two days for about $120 and probably get the Xavier for about $185 within a week. That's still a very inexpensive venture. I may try one of these in the future. I am interested in the XV-835 with the flamed veneer. These are still very good priced instruments.
    Bob, I think it's definitely worth a try. Surely won't break the bank.

6. tholt34

tholt34 TDPRI Member

Heres mine after i put on the allparts chunky neck i bought.

[​IMG]

7. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity

8. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

Thanks for letting me know about the neck. You must have found the Xaviere neck too thin?

9. Gibson

Gibson Tele-Afflicted

10. southwoodgtars

southwoodgtars Tele-Holic

Great guitar for the money. The neck is a bit on the thin side. I have never played an sx but, for the price of either you probably can't go wrong. Get which ever suites you the best. Part of the reason I chose the Xavier over the sx was the 3 saddle bridge and mine has the more tele shaped headstock.

Attached Files:

11. motorfin

motorfin TDPRI Member

Very decent guitars. They usually need a set up and sometimes a little work on the frets. I have 3 of their models and they tend to be pretty bright sounding. Well worth the money, but you should expect to have a little work done on them to get the best out of em.

12. tholt34

tholt34 TDPRI Member

The neck is on the thin side. I got big hands and the all parts neck feels better. The only other thing i've done to mine is re-wire the pickups. I've just played with different wiring diagrams and since that picture i mounted the bridge pickup in the body and put brass compensated saddles on it.

I've played it at church a couple times and everyone that hears it likes how it sounds. I play it through an ibanez tsa15h amp head and cabinet with a 15" speaker. Sounds really good.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.