Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

WRH Thinlines

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Jasonspaceman0, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Jasonspaceman0

Jasonspaceman0 TDPRI Member

Apr 24, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hello all,

I really fancy an original tele thinline, with the wide range humbuckers. So I'm going to go play a few if I can, but any thoughts ou there on what you all do or don't like about them would be really appreciated.

Did they make any with a RW neck? Do these sound any different?

I'm guessing that the early 70's ones are a bit better than the later ones too....

2. Major Gruber

Major Gruber Tele-Afflicted

Feb 24, 2012
    Colombes France
    I just love them. I'll get one some day.

3. toomuchfun

toomuchfun Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2014
    NE US
    Thinlines were maple neck only, at least that's what is says in the Telecaster Book.

Here's my '75 in olympic white with factory bigsby, giving it a country vibe. Great feeling neck. The pickups have a unique sound to me. Play a few if you can and try different amp settings, I think you will find a setting that will bring a smile.

Attached Files:

4. Modus

Modus TDPRI Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Vancouver
    No complaints. In the late seventies I went back and forth for several years between a Thinline and a Montego, both probably built in 1972. Wonder what ever happened to them.:confused:

5. twick

twick Tele-Meister

Nov 26, 2011
    Tallahassee Fl.
    If they are good enough for tab Benoit,.....

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI

6. mke52

mke52 Tele-Meister

Apr 11, 2008
    Italy
    Actually the original Thinline did not have the humbucker but the regular Tele single coils and that was in 1968. Humbuckers were introduced in the early 70's.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.