Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Wrestling belts and why I like them.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Donny Osmond fan, Jul 11, 2018.

1. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Pretty amazing what men will collect-- just about anything, but sports memorabilia is a huge chunk of it. Thanks for sharing this interesting sub-culture.
    The other large, gaudy award that comes to mind are SuperBowl and other pro championship rings.

It is also really sad to see how many pro athletes get down and out on their luck and have to sell off their most prized trophies, belts, and rings.

A lot of pro wrestlers were top athletes that had to quit their sport due to age or injury, but were able to have a second career in pro wrestling. But a lot
    of them had their life continue to go downhill from there....and in many cases I'm sure multiple concussions and the toll on their brains had a lot to do with it.

I'm assuming lots of you guys saw Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler. I thought he and Marisa Tomei did an absolutely tremendous job in that movie, and
    while I'm sure there was a lot of poetic license taken I got the sense that a lot of the gritty reality of life on the pro wrestling circuit, at least back
    in the day, was captured in the movie. But I'm an outsider-- curious what people who know more from the inside think of the film's portrayal---

tery likes this.
  2. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Holic

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    Last Fandubelts. I like him. Why he makes the best Ric Flair Big Gold replica out there under 300 dollars. Cast Zinc. But I will not buy from him. Why? He cheated David Millican and Reggie Park. He made one belt he was not supposed to. And then worked out a deal with David. And the quality of it is a mixed bag. The others are great though. 400 or less for some great replica belts. The old WWWF belt is amazing. This guy blows me away.

Ric Flair Big Gold under 300 dollars. Really nice. Really. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The belt he was not supposed to make. Then worked out a deal with Dave Millican. 400 dollars. Nice side plates. Crappy center plate. Gold and silver plating not good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The WWWF belt from the 1970's amazing. I had the same eagle on my wall as a kid for years. Never did notice they used it on the cast WWWF belt. This replica is amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tery likes this.
  3. Donny Osmond fan

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    Some like it. Jim Cornet the wrestling manager that does the best interviews hates it. I sort of like it. Myself. It is a real portrait of pro wrestling in a nut shell. :cool:

4. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    ~ Impressive passion ~
    Your collection is mind blowing !
    My hero was the masked Mr. M (Bill Miller) AWA Heavyweight champion for 7 months 1962 .

5. Donny Osmond fan

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    I do not own most of these. I have 4 replicas and that is it.

tery likes this.
  6. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Amazing collection! Grew up watching "Professional" Wrestling as a kid. My best friend's dad would take us to the Cow Palace in San Francisco to see the matches. They were really entertaining with wrestlers like The Sheik, Pepper Gomez and Ray Stevens. When I moved to Houston in 1972 they had Paul Boesch who hosted the local wrestling matches. They would show then late Saturday nights on TV or early Sunday morning. The commercials were almost as entertaining as the matches. Paul was famous for doing an advertisement wearing diamond earrings from IW Marks a local jewelry store and for introducing Mattress Mack who had just started his Gallery Furniture business which in now a multi-million dollar operation locally.

DXsoShxX4AAvlEk.jpg

tery likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.