Wow, the CS service center is pretty fast with their response ...

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Joe_Tone, May 6, 2014.

1. Joe_Tone

Joe_Tone Tele-Meister

I'm impressed! It was like a day turn around from my request.
    They will even reissue a lost cert but I have to provide detailed pics of a perfectly stock guitar and pay a $75 charge and possible other service fee (unknown). Anyway, I think it would add value to a guitar if I would ever resell it. :confused:

Here is a sample of what they sent me on my latest nocaster, it's pretty complete!

The serial number R20** corresponds to the specifications listed below, manufactured 08/2000.

Model Name: ‘51 NoCaster® Closet Classic

Model Number: 015-0202-(867)

Series: Time MachineTM Series

Body: Premium Ash

Neck: Maple, “U” Shape,

(Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)

Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25” Radius (184 mm)

No. of Frets: 21 Vintage Style Frets

Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)

Width @ Nut: 1.650” (42 mm)

Hardware: Nickel/Chrome

Machine Heads: Fender®/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines

Bridge: Vintage Style with 3 Special Design Brass Saddles

Pickguard: 1-Ply Black

Pickups: 2 Custom NoCaster® Vintage Tele® Single-Coil Pickups,

(Custom Vintage Wiring Circuit)

Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:

Position 1. Bridge Pickup (+ Neck Pickup with Blend control counter - clockwise)

Position 2. Neck Pickup

Position 3. Neck Pickup with No Tone Control (dark vintage circuit)

Controls: Master Volume, Neck Pickup Blend (Switch Position 1 Only)

Colors: (867) Honey Blonde,

(Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)

Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel,

Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046),

P/N 073-0250-006

Other Features: “U” Shape Maple Neck,

Flat Dome Tele Knobs,

Built as if bought new in its respective year and played a few times a year and then put carefully away. Has a few small dings, checked finish, oxidized hardware and aged plastic parts.

Source: U.S. Fender Custom Shop

Accessories: Tweed Thermometer Case (Gold Interior), Standard Molded Case (Black Interior), Strap, Cable

U.S. MSRP: $3,592.00

INTRODUCED: 1/1999

DISCONTINUED: 12/2008

DISCONTINUED COLORS:

COMMENTS: Uses Cases P/Ns 0050881000 & 0996101106,

All Original Detailing, Built From Original Tooling. Built as if bought new in its respective year and played a few times a year and then put carefully away. Has a few small dings, checked finish, oxidized hardware and aged plastic parts.

Thanks Custom shop!

2. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

hmm. Things be changing at the FCS. Good to know, thanks for sharing.

3. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

I've had several contacts with Fender's CS and have always received detailed, prompt responses to any questions I've had. It's even better to give them a call, you can get all the answers you need right away.

4. bob1234

bob1234 Tele-Afflicted

75$ for peace of mind? Seems reasonable on a guitar worth 4 figures.

5. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Back in the day they just replaced it. Id rather buy 75 bucks worth of T-paper. Id get more use out of it.

6. Joe_Tone

Joe_Tone Tele-Meister

Yes, I don't know either. I suppose to some people it's adds value to the guitar. I'm not sure if it would be $75 or not. The part that bugs me is they have ' other fees for time spent ' which is open ended. :confused:

This is how it's worded:

Because the Certificate of Authenticity is a valuable part of the Fender® Custom Shop
    experience and because a certain amount of time is needed to process your request there is
    a $75.00 USD MSRP charge for the certificate. Please also know that the Custom CareSM
    Service Center will charge you for their time in processing your request.

So it looks like one fee or $75 and another fee of :confused: :confused:

7. Joe_Tone

Joe_Tone Tele-Meister

Well, here is pretty much the whole form:

Honestly, I think it's cool that they will work with the customer to try and resolve even small issues like this. It's expensive, but so is a Custom shop guitar!

Thank you for your request to obtain a replacement Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity, and
    for your continued interest in Fender Custom Shop Instruments.
    The Certificate of Authenticity is a valuable document and in many instances, it is also a historical
    document. Most importantly it assures the investor that they have a genuine article. Because the
    certificate protects your investment, we have several guidelines which apply to issuing a
    replacement Certificate of Authenticity:
    Please note that only completely original Fender Custom Shop instruments
    which have not been modified in any way qualify for replacement certificate
    consideration.
    In order to initiate your request please present the following items to a
    Fender Custom Caresm Authorized Service Center:
    1. A written request, stating the specific certificate you need and the reason you need it.
    2. Your Custom Shop instrument along with a copy of your retail purchase receipt if you are the
    original owner.
    3. A photograph of the entire front of the instrument.
    4. A photograph of the entire back of the instrument.
    5. A close-up photograph of the Custom Shop logo located on the instrument.
    6. A close-up photograph of the serial number on the instrument. Custom Shop instrument serial
    numbers are located either on the front of headstock, the back of headstock, the back of
    neck, the heel of the neck, the neck plate or the bridge plate.
    FMIC reserves the right to request additional verifications.
    The Fender Custom CareSM Service Center will examine your instrument and photographs to
    verify that the instrument is the same instrument represented in the photographs. They will
    then submit to FMIC for review your written request, your receipt copy if available and your
    photographs along with a letter of verification that your instrument is indeed a genuine,
    unaltered Custom Shop guitar. Once we have evaluated and approved the request, a
    replacement Certificate of Authenticity will then be sent to your Fender Custom CareSM
    Service Center.
    Please be aware that our original certificate selection is limited to the types of certificates
    now used in our current production. We do not have original stock of all certificates, for
    all instruments, from all time periods. Upon approval of your request we will supply the
    most appropriate certificate from our current stock. The date printed on the certificate will
    be that of the day the replacement certificate is issued.
    Because the Certificate of Authenticity is a valuable part of the Fender® Custom Shop
    experience and because a certain amount of time is needed to process your request there is
    a $75.00 USD MSRP charge for the certificate. Please also know that the Custom CareSM
    Service Center will charge you for their time in processing your request.
    Fender Custom CareSM Service Centers may be found by checking the listings at:
    www.fender.com/customshop/customcare. If you have any questions or if you need
    assistance locating a Custom CareSM Authorized Service Center near you please contact our
    Consumer Relations Department at 800-856-9801, or by e-mail sent to
    consumerrelations@fender.com, and a representative will be happy to assist you. Again, we
    thank you and we hope this information is helpful to you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.