Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Wow, meet the $2,000 Squier Tele!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ScottJPatrick, Jan 23, 2017.

1. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    rghill and CFFF like this.

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Hey...someone drank ALL the Kool-aid...

3. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Holic

May 29, 2016
    Kansas
    Sorry I'm not an expert on vintage squiers, but what's the deal on this? Did someone get taken or are the old ones really that valuable?

4. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, basically back in the day when they first started making fender/squier guitars in japan they made the bodies and necks and did a superb job of it and then the hardware and the electronics back then were identical to what was found on their american equivalents. Put the great quality guitar, a fender headstock decal and rarity together and you have a valuable and collectable guitar. I'd probably say it's difficult to put a price on scarce items because they don't go up for sale very often so it's difficult to get a good average, who knows if the bidding ended a day later someone could have wanted it more than what it sold for.

Steve Holt likes this.

5. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    The Japanese Squiers can be pricey - my local shop has one in for roughly £800 - I know the owner pretty well, and that seems to be the honest price for them.

6. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    They do tend to go for about £800 over here, one on eBay just now for £899 with the normal JV Squier logo etc. £1,760 seems a bit pricey but have any of you ever seen a really early one in such good condition? Somebody wanted it badly but remember there was also another guy who got outbid, the demand must be out there.

7. tery

tery Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee

8. the_lyall

the_lyall Telepathetic Ad Free + Supporter

Jan 15, 2017
    Bedford, UK
    Plan A: Find one of these cheap, sell it on eBay NOW!
    Plan B: Shut up, be quiet, learn to be content with what I have.

Fingers crossed... :)

tery and Piotr like this.

9. paparoof

paparoof Tele-Meister

Dec 22, 2013
    minneapolis
    As I understand it, Fender had a line called the "Squier Series" prior to the Squier name being used as a separate brand. Not the same thing as today's "Squier by Fender" instruments. I have a Jazz bass like that - big Fender logo and "Squier Series" on the end of the headstock. However mine was made in Mexico and the logo is solid black, so I dunno.

10. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX

11. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    CAVITT EMPTOR.
    PEDIGREE, BE DAMNED!
    How faster does the nag run?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.