Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

WOW! A Forum on TDPRI for those with the Real "Classic Vibe"

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Twinkie, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Twinkie

Twinkie Tele-Meister

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Don't get me wrong. I have found a lot of useful information related to the American Standard, MIM, and many other Fender products that bare the name Telecaster upon their peghead.

However, the newest Telecaster I own was manufactured in 1973. As you can imagine, I have a harder time relating to those who post threads about the Telecasters of today as I think those same folks have a harder time relating to me, posting something about one of my old Telecasters form the 60s.

Thank you TDPRI for creating this Vintage Tele Discussion Forum.

Attached Files:

2. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Theyre all just wood. Beautiful pieces of wood. Whats the story behind all those signatures?

3. Twinkie

Twinkie Tele-Meister

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    That's Twinkie.

I don't know the story behind the autographs. I suspect a previous owner took the guitar to a festival or two and got some famous people to put their signature to it. Some cats ask me if the autographs are real. I tell them I don't really care. However, there some autographs on the guitar that most people in any state of mind wouldn't think of forging. Like Hank Ballard, the original author to The Twist. Who in their right mind would want to fake his signature and put it on their guitar?

To learn more about Twinkie, this old thread has some humor to it.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/371439-story-twinkie.html

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.