Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Would You Sell Your Dog For $100k?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Sep 21, 2017.

1. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

No way Jose!

This sweet girl, yellow lab rescue named Dori (paper name was Adorable, and she was almost 5 when I got her, 1 owner first year of her life then a couple more. Last owners had a very small house and a baby that started walking. Dori had a 32" chest and would knock him over, so they tied her to a tree on a 6 foot rope, no shelter, 5 gallon bucket for water and would open a bag of Ol' Roy where she could get it. When the bag was empty they'd get another. Weighed 150 pounds pretty quickly, but dropped 10 pounds in a week of good food and exercise. Had her when I was a senior in college and had a motorcycle accident injuring my knee. Was told to walk an hour a day, so she and I would head out and walk the streets of Athens, Ohio. She got down to a trim 110 pounds. She was my best friend, I could let her loose at a music festival and she'd come find me when it was over. Great nose, very inquisitive, for Halloween one year I bought a blue nylon DEA jacket for her, a DEA windbreaker for me and a ball cap. Shook people's parties down for grass- they'd throw down their bags and scatter when I showed up with her barking).

[​IMG]

And she was really smart. I was playing a solo on an original my band was writing. Had a wah part then without it to end.

She always wanted to lie in between us, and when I stopped moving the pedal with my foot (just closed it) and was still playing she got up, walked over and used her paw to move the pedal back and forth. Cocked her head looking at the speaker of the twin I was playing, got the frequency she like stepped back, looked up at me wagging her tail and smiling.

The band decided the solo sounded better ending with the wah partly cocked. When we cut our own CD, I gave her a writing credit.

2. Deeve

Deeve Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Does it matter that it's not "stock" any more?
    And I can't find the Certificate of Authenticity [this certifies it is a dog]

Honestly - who is gonna sell a family member?

Peace - Deeve

3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    That's too high.

Jakedog and Darkness like this.

4. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    She sounds like an absolutely amazing dog. Hell no on the $100K.

jaybones and haggardfan1 like this.

5. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2012
    Here & Now

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

6. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

No, but for a million dollars I'll let you sleep with him.

Mr. Lumbergh likes this.

7. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    Around 9 years ago, one of my best friends was renting a house with me and my wife. I was at work on the 2nd of January and they made a trip to the local Wal-Mart. My friend called me at work because my wife refused to put down a puppy that was for sale in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Blue pit bull, $50 cash. We got a dog that day.my friend said he's never have a pit bull but he couldn't say no to her.

We moved her into a house with 3 cats and she was great with them. Had a kid and she's great with him, too. O ur cats sadly passed away but she didn't miss a beat with the kittens we adopted earlier this year.

There is absolutely no price that would buy Maggie. She's my sweetheart and you can't put a price on unconditional love.

Jakedog and haggardfan1 like this.

8. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 28, 2003
    Sonoran Desert
    I can't imagine any amount of money for Roady... He's been traveling with me for 11 years and has been on stage in 9 or 10 different states and every day I wakeup with him laying next to me. I wouldn't trade him for anything, anyone, anytime!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Well there is my retirement right there.
    But how am i going to get home???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigDaddyLH and brookdalebill like this.

10. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    This is my dog Tiny as a pup and all grown up. You can see she outgrew her name.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      7.5 KB
      Views:

11. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    You can't sell your cats, they're classified as wild animals, and truth be told they own you. Who is the one being annoyed? :D

12. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    That's some sick chit right there... Good way to get you AND your dog hurt or worse. However, I sense some poetic license here... :lol:

13. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Jakedog likes this.

14. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We had to wait for the female to be spayed and it seemed like forever. It gave me a chance to chase down the breaks in 2000' of buried radio fence wire.

haggardfan1 likes this.

15. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

Not really. I mean the worst that could happen would someone would take a swing. And I'm sure my 110 pound yellow lab wouldn't have let it happen.

She had a very protective streak in her, and after graduation I was having a couple pints in the beer garden (railed off parking lot really) in a bar near Wittenberg's campus.

I was working as case manager of a county owned group home and was pretty recognizable with a Fidel Castro beard. At about 11:00 a whole bunch of guys from a bar nearby (bad neighborhood, emphasis on 'hood) rolled up en masse.

One of them recognized me, and I heard him say "Man, dere be dat missah James mutha ****ah. Imma beat his a$$!"

Couple of them stepped over the railing, and before I got up Dori was at the end of her leash, hackles raised, ears back, baring her teeth snarling.

Guys said "He gots a BIG F'ING DOG! Looks mean, too!" and "S'alright, I gets him nes time!"

16. acstorfer

acstorfer Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2007
    Boynton Beach, FL
    I recently lost my dog. I would pay $100,000.00 just to get her back. Well, all my stuff not including my condo. I have to live somewhere, but I really would give up everything else I own to get her back.

[​IMG]

Boubou and moosie like this.

17. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Do you think your dog would sell YOU for 100 dog biscuits? 10,000 biscuits?

My dogs aren't for sale.

acstorfer likes this.

18. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Holic

Nov 25, 2011
    Perth Australia
    My dog would probably head off with anyone who had a biscuit on offer!

IMG_3688.jpg

moosie and acstorfer like this.

19. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin
    No, and I'd probably take a bullet, or risk my life for any of my dogs... (and a few people that I know...) ;)

20228650_10155055733622087_4612309332086967285_n.jpg

moosie likes this.

20. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.