Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Would you make this trade? (Epi G400 for PJ)

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Trow, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Trow

Trow Tele-Holic

I have a guy wanting to trade a Pro Jr. for my stock Epiphone G400. Would y'all make this? I was in the market for a Blues Jr. But I don't have any experience with a Pro Jr. So I thought I'd get your thoughts. This would be my first tube amp.

2. ddhr

ddhr Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    I've had both and preferred the Pro Jr to the Blues Jr. I would say that it depends on how you will use the amp. If you can turn it up, the PJ is awesome and gigable. So is the Blues Jr, but it has a master volume so that you can get dirty sounds at lower volumes. Of course, you can use dirt pedals on the PJ and it works well with those too.

There are plenty of other differences (controls, speakers, reverb on the BJ), but that would be the deciding factor for me. Also, a PJ through a 4x12 is a great thing!

pondcaster likes this.

3. Guitar_Gunman

Guitar_Gunman Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2015
    Missouri
    Simple answer, NO. I wouldn't swap it for either of those amps, but that's just my opinion. You are of course making your own choice.

4. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    If we are talking value, yea I think that's a pretty favorable trade. Those G400's aren't worth much on the used market. I picked one up for dirt cheap not long ago.

5. old guitar player

old guitar player Tele-Afflicted

Mar 7, 2007
    the basement
    Trade an Epi SG for a Fender Pro Jr amp? Yes all day long.

6. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC

7. LoneTone

LoneTone TDPRI Member

Aug 17, 2016
    MI
    Yes...all day long. Do it.

8. Hippieway

Hippieway Tele-Holic

Mar 15, 2009
    virginia

9. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2011
    Jasper, TN
    I don't like any of those pieces of gear, so I would get rid of all of them. But sounds like a good trade.

10. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Sounds too good.

But I wouldn't, the epi is lighter.

11. radiomanjh

radiomanjh Tele-Afflicted

Nov 14, 2010
    Texas
    sounds fair to me if your both looking for what they offer.

12. Trow

Trow Tele-Holic

Thanks guys. The seller backed out. He thought about it more and said that he wasn't much of a fan of SG's so he passed. I'll keep looking.
    On a good note, I got a text from another person who wants to buy the SG so I'll sell it and put the money towards an amp

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.