Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Would you like to to be burried with your guitar?

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by Kimbarafuzz, Nov 10, 2017.

1. BobbyB

BobbyB Tele-Holic

No, Id like some kid who cant afford a guitar to get mine.
    I'll be cremated anyways, no use in taking up space when Im not here.

Viejo, 41144 and Nickadermis like this.

2. Tek1

Tek1 TDPRI Member

May 20, 2015
    Southeastern PA
    Put mine on stands around the casket instead of flowers. Once it's closed my girls can do what they want with them. Thinking I will get a harp after. although a fork is a possibility.

Flat6Driver, chiefline, 41144 and 2 others like this.

3. LP26

LP26 TDPRI Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Earth
    As Hunter S. Thompson summed it up so succinctly:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

41144 likes this.

4. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    The "will" of a dead man means about next to nothing, especially if no one cares enough to see it's enforced. And to imagine that someone will in fact care enough, may be engaging in an inflated sense of self-importance. People generally don't so much care what some dead guy said he wants to happen. Because, well, he's dead.

It's like those big prominent tombstones. No one cares.

I was walking with my youngest through a cemetary, and he pointed out the most prominent obilisk, and asked me

"Hey Dad! Do you think he's compensating for something?"

:lol:

Jimmy Owen and nojazzhere like this.

5. 9fears08

9fears08 Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    I'm quite surprised that Chuck chose to be buried with a guitar. I got the impression from him always checking his guitars into the hold when he flies that he just saw them as tools..

..I'm not making any plans for after I'm gone..not worth wasting the effort on in my opinion..

6. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    I care....I'd prefer they all be played....and maybe even cherished.

Jimmy Owen and 41144 like this.

7. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    It probably wasn't his idea. He was dead, he had no say so in it, probably

41144 likes this.

8. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May 8, 2014
    Katy, TX
    No, Roll Over Beethoven!

41144 likes this.

9. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California
    I used to want to be cremated and my ashes buried in a guitar case. Now I think I want to have my body buried though. Maybe they could dice me up and squish me in, like a can of tomatos.

10. Geo

Geo Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Hendersonville, TN
    I could do a Jimi Monterey style and have one cremated with me. ;)

11. 9fears08

9fears08 Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    I suppose that's quite possible..more for his friends and families comfort perhaps..

12. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    y'know, some people want to be interred in one of those CSI school "let's see how a body decomposes when left to the elements" deals. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Lots of people wouldn't like picturing say, their mother, rotting away and maggots eating out their eyes in some woods somewhere

13. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
    I have a standing request with my family to throw a few bottles of barbecue sauce in the box with me before they fire me up. Then whenever they smell food grilling they'll say, "Smells like Dad."

My guitars will be distributed to family and close friends.

41144 likes this.

14. 41144

41144 Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2017
    West Midlands, GB
    No.
    1) What a waste.
    2) I'll be in no state to play it - ever again!
    2) Both my son's, come the day, have already, with the appropriate nuance of humour, hinted which bits of my guitars/gear they'd like ... btw I'm mid 60s and at least feel healthy enough for a good while yet!

btw - none of that is avariciousness on the part of my son's ... Just, imho, more likely borne of my own pragmatism.

15. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Yet another post where I saw the photo, and before I could process the text, I *immediately* knew it had to be @blowtorch :D

16. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Well if it was a composite, say, like carbon fibre or something similar... just put my ashes in with the epoxy resin and there will hardly be any chance of the neck twisting. At least I hope so of course!

17. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    No. Having come from a poor family I want to bequest my instruments. Three Telecasters, a Stratocaster, a Les Paul, a Taylor acoustic. a Martin OM electric cutaway and a Princeton. I'll allow my friends in this state's music branch teachers to select an outstanding student, whose family does not have much money, to have this bequest.
    P.S. I don't intend to be buried as I am Hindu and will be burnt and ashes scattered.

18. JORear

JORear Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2017
    Alabama
    I'm asking to be cremated and my guitars are to go to people that play. This got touchy one night, so I gave my marching orders to my brother. He can deal with the wife and kids. Hopefully my ashes will be spread out in our favorite vacation spots. When the kids go back to these areas, I will be with them.

19. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va
    No kids for mine and I think a nephew might plunk every now and then so I'm going to have mine either go to a school or a Veterans organization

20. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    I don't want my guitar(s) to stop making music when I'm gone. They are meant to be played, not buried or burned.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.