Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Would you do this trade? Blues Junior/Twin Amp content

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by DannyStereo, Aug 31, 2016.

1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I know that he once saw an overpriced Evil Twin on reverb.com and that has been his lodestar. Before xmas there were a couple Twins (from the 90s and early 2000s) that moved on the local listings because they were realistically priced. Watching this amp has become a little hobby of mine!

Wally likes this.

2. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington
    And watching you watch his ad a hobby of MINE!!

Wally likes this.

3. BigDaddyLH

Maybe a New Year's resolution to get out and smell the flowers more?

4. DannyStereo

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington
    You forget I live in Washington. I can't 'go out' and smell anything until at least April. Haha

Maybe he'll move the twin by then?

5. BigDaddyLH

Still going the wrong way! He just raised the price $100.

$1000 (and who know where it started, this is when I began to look) --> $800 --> "best offer" --> $1,399 -> $1,499 -> $1,399 -> $1,200 (firm) -> $1,400 (firm) -> $1,500 (firm)

6. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Okay, Big Daddy, at this point I have to think that this seller is a member here...or is lurking on you...who is watching you follow theses twists and turns...just for some oddly construed pleasure on their part.
    I am thinking that maybe this amp doesn't even exist. If it does exist and it is actually for sale, his marketing is as schizophrenic as it can get. Right?
    Firm???? What does firm mean at this point????

DannyStereo likes this.

7. DannyStereo

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington
    At this point, this amp is nearing Klon myth status.

8. moosie

moosie Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    "Firm", when spoken, usually means the opposite, I have found. Similar to "let me be frank". :lol:

9. BigDaddyLH

I know, I know, just stop posting already! But I can't! I'm like Ahab and the White Whale. The price has dropped! The trail is now:

$1000 (and who know where it started, this is when I began to look) --> $800 --> "best offer" --> $1,399 -> $1,499 -> $1,399 -> $1,200 (firm) -> $1,400 (firm) -> $1,500 (firm) -> $1,200 (or trade)

10. Got me smiling!!!

DannyStereo likes this.

11. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Offer him a Am. Std Tele.

12. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin Staff Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Near TELE-Town (Wash. DC)
    Admin Post
    NOTE: The OP likely did or didn't do this trade last August when this thread was posted.

13. moosie

moosie Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    But Chris, it's not a trade.... it's a lifestyle!

:lol::lol:

14. BigDaddyLH

$1000 (and who know where it started, this is when I began to look) --> $800 --> "best offer" --> $1,399 -> $1,499 -> $1,399 -> $1,200 (firm) -> $1,400 (firm) -> $1,500 (firm) -> $1,200 (or trade) -> $1,075

15. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with this crazy sell... and it is CRAZY!

16. DannyStereo

Aug 13, 2014
    Kelso, Washington
    Every time I see a new post on here I laugh to myself :)

17. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Holic

Apr 5, 2010
    Evergreen, CO
    Is there any chance you have dates to correspond to all of the prices? I'd love to graph it!

18. BigDaddyLH

Ha! It's all in this thread. I've been simplifying things, a bit, too. There are two online marketplaces around here and the amp is listed on both. Wally will change the price on one ad while letting the other ride. Right now the amp is listed for both $1,075 and $1,200.

DannyStereo likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.