Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Would you consider this a Tele-type? or just some weird mutation.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Vognell, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Vognell

Vognell Tele-Meister

Feb 17, 2016
    Orlando, Florida
    Actually, it does. The pickups are EMG selects, cheap pickups, but they sound pretty decent. Neck has a good feel as well. Placement of the knobs is my only real complaint.

TigerG likes this.

2. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    It looks good.
    The upper cutaway doesn't make too much sense, as it does not look like giving the thumb easier access/grip.
    But then: if it sounds good, who cares if it is a Tele or a mixture of several guitar-dna?
    It's pretty unique.

3. Vognell

Vognell Tele-Meister

Feb 17, 2016
    Orlando, Florida
    I guess it doesn't matter... I was just trying to figure out if I have 5, or if I have 6 T-types. I would love to talk to the dude who put it together, but I have no clue who it might have been. Curious as to what he was going for.

4. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    Not a tele. The only thing it shares is the headstock. I don't call my 72 deluxe ri a strat.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017

5. Vognell

Vognell Tele-Meister

Feb 17, 2016
    Orlando, Florida
    The lower horn also makes me think tele. First time I saw it (from the back) my first impression was tele, just based off the headstock and lower horn. Then I saw the rest.

Reminds me of this one time I stayed late at a bar....

Maybe a unique moniker... like "Picassocaster" or "Splatocaster"?

6. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Holic

Nov 26, 2014
    London
    If it was a dog, I'd be calling it a Heinz .....

Vognell and kidmo like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.