Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Would somebody please produce a vintage-type bridge that screws right onto an Affinity telecaster?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by 3-Chord-Genius, Jul 26, 2016.

1. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    With no modifications. No drilling. No Affinity "butt crack" on both sides of the bridge.

Please.

Thank you.

2. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    If the body isn't routed for vintage, the bridge can't be vintage. It would have to be called Modified Vintage or Modified Modern.

The butt crack never bothered me, or drilling new mounting holes.

But I hear what you're saying.

3. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    Rutters has a modern vintage. Several others I suspect.
    Width, screw count and location are the only variables between true vintage and modern vintage types, of which there are several.
    I don't think true vintage CAN be be made to work.
    Ferrule problem.

4. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Yeah:

The ferrules won't line up fore and aft.

5. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Especially if you consider the top load Affinity, without string ferrules... :)

I, too, find it strange that even though so many people seem to buy this cheap model (to keep or to modify), that nobody seems to produce a decent bridge for it. Since Chinese Affinities have top load bridges, I would leave it as a toploader (and probably many others would not like to drill holes themselves).

To me, the easiest solution is to leave the bridge and replace the saddles with six good ones or do the Bubba mod... I don't think every telecaster should have a three saddle bridge, so for easier intonation, I'd go for the first solution. I say I "would" go for the first, but because I use my Affinities only for practice, I don't see the need to modify them.

soulman969 likes this.

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Annoying isn't it? You'd probably be better off to just leave the Affinity as is and locate a really good deal on a used Classic Vibe which has a vintage bridge. One Tele is never enough anyway right? :D

7. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

I fitted a generic ashtray style bridge to my beater toploader Affinity, I just had to drill new holes, and the old holes show at the rear of the bridge.

[​IMG]

Doesn't bother me though, it has improved the tone, reliability and playability of the guitar by a long chalk,

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.