Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Would a Squier CV Tele Custom neck fit a Squier CV 50s Strat body?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by vjhn, Aug 11, 2017.

1. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Hi there!

I didn't find any answer for this particular question I have, so here it goes: I was wondering if a Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster Custom's neck would fit a Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s body?

Best regards!
    - J

2. acrylicsuperman

acrylicsuperman Tele-Holic

Nov 17, 2010
    Arizona
    I believe a strat neck will fit a tele pocket but a tele neck will not fit a strat pocket without modifications.

vjhn likes this.

3. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    Just had a look to compare.
    The Tele neck is square at the end. The Strat neck is more curved. You'll need to reshape the neck end in order to get it to fit in the Strat neck pocket.

vjhn likes this.

4. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Thanks guys! To bad the neck has to be reshaped in order to fit the strat neck pocket...

5. tomee

tomee TDPRI Member

Dec 31, 2010
    ontario
    Some Squier Strat bodies (like my early 2000s Squier SE) have the odd looking mouse ear pocket route that allows a Tele neck to just fit. You still need to reshape the pickguard from round to square.

vjhn likes this.

6. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Before you go re-contouring the end of the neck, make sure the holes line up where they need to be.

vjhn likes this.

7. user34603

user34603 Tele-Meister

Dec 5, 2016
    Richmond VA
    I would say leave the heel trimming to a luthier or better... skip the Tele neck on a Strat.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.