Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Worst pedal you've ever used?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by iansmitchell, Jul 4, 2008.

1. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

May 13, 2009
    NY
    Yeah...that and the FDR-1 are big disappointments.

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

oh man, I use that with two other mini danos to NAIL the Ernie Isley sound...

3. lauke

lauke Tele-Meister

Apr 23, 2011
    Netherlands
    Interesting, I found it quite easy to get a good sound out of it on an AC30. I tried it in a store shootout and it only marginally lost to the Way Huge Pork Loin I bought that day.

4. rogthefrog

rogthefrog Tele-Meister

The first portable Zoom thing from the early 90s was foul. The Boss SE50 was nasty. The Digitech Bad Monkey was bad, but I hate tube screamers anyway.

5. Sun Of Ra

Sun Of Ra TDPRI Member

I like almost any pedal in some way even if its just a low fi sound. I can even accept some noise, cheapness or bad emulations. But the only pedal I absolutely hated and wanted to like was the mxr blue box, the octave/dirt pedal. I couldnt get any predictable or consistent sound out if it. You couldnt give me one.

6. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Anyone know where I can buy an Eden analog nashville hot boost? Let me know

7. JTM45blues

JTM45blues Tele-Afflicted

May 14, 2003
    Iowa
    Catalinbread Super Chili Pocoso, terrible pedal, returned it after one gig, used it for one set, kept playing with settings on amp and pedal and rolling tone off guitar, switched guitars. Nothing sounded right, so I returned it to the dealer the next morning.

I loved their Sogrado Poblano Picoso which was the old green version that was a "stout boost", unfortunately it was discontinued and I had to sell mine

8. harleysr

harleysr Former Member

Jul 4, 2012
    nearby
    A Rat distortion pedal was the worst single pedal I ever tried. They seem to get a lot of love, but I was not impressed.

9. Kebmel

Kebmel Tele-Afflicted

Aug 8, 2008
    45 south
    Zoom 505

10. guit30

guit30 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 24, 2007
    Abington
    GARY,
    Eden Analog Nashville hot boosts have been d/ced for years. The Durham SexDrive is better and the Xotic RC Boost is very close. I had 2 of the Nashville hot boosts, nice lo gain drive, but many TS variants are similar.

11. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah I know they are made anymore. I've been posting on every thread I can to try and find someone who has one they'd sell. I'm looking for a good low gain OD for country both classic and modern. I play a foot flame tele through a Roland cube 60 and boss cs-2. I'm also trying to find a blues jr with the bill m mods done already but that's another story. The sex drive sounds awesome and if I had a blues jr now I'd probably get one. But with the cube I need a boost with a little more hair on it. I've also considered a maxon d&s 2 and a modded blues driver. I just want a little sparkly gain with a good high end. Thoughts? Opinions?
    Thanks.
    Gary.

12. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I know they aren't* made Anymore.i play a foto* flame tele (95 MIJ)

13. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Also seriously considering a novels odr-1 or maybe just a TS-9 maybe with a keeley mod. Some of the maxon stuff sounds interesting. Like the d&s 2 I mentioned but also the Overseive soft distortion. ODS9 I think? Not sure. The main reason I'm so interested in the Eden nashville is that it sounds like it was made exactly for the country lead guitar sound I'm looking for. Could I get those tones from a maxon or ts9?

14. guit30

guit30 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 24, 2007
    Abington
    Gary,
    Yeah, The Nobels, also a very good new TS for country is the Keeley Red Dirt. Sounds Great. Look for a sale or The Wampler Paisley,
    Jim

15. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for the reply Jim. I watched a couple videos of the red dirt and it sounds good. But I couldn't pay that much without trying it in person.
    I'm having a hard time, this search has been going on a couple months
    Now. I need to just pull the trigger on something. I can always return it right? Lol
    Im really considering just getting a TS-9 although with the mid hump factor, or just
    The highs being cut, idk if it'll work for me. I need something with a really
    Good treble range for shimmering leads but I need it to be smooth and not hurt your ears.
    Maybe I'm asking too much? Lol idk. Thanks for the input

16. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I think I've settled it finally. I found a good deal on a TS-9 w/ mod plus. From everything I've seen it cleans up ok and I think with the gain failed in low, it could be what I'm looking for. Only thing that worries me is it isn't true bypass, it's a buffer. Wondering if my cs-2 will work well with it also

17. dog fart

dog fart Friend of Leo's

Dec 16, 2009
    North Carolina
    Gary, I can't imagine you having any problems with a TS and the CS-2. I used that set-up for years.

18. hotraman

hotraman Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2007
    Camas, WA
    Boss Metal Zone...don't know why I bought it, about 10 years ago.
    Could never get it to sound good...

now I am a Paisley OD and Sarno Earth Drive user... Quite a difference .

19. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Dog fart- yeah. I figured you can't go wrong with that. Right now the cs-2 is the only pedal I use. At least until I get my TS. Any of you have experience with the TS-9 w/ mod plus? I know the mod brings the low end back but being a country guy I'm always more interested in the highs, especially with my tele. What do you guys think about using it as a low gain OD for country lead/rhythm stuff?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.