Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Worst cities in America

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by MrCairo46, Jun 13, 2018.

1. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    I also live in northwest NJ. Ten minutes west of me and you see nothing but farms and forest. Truly, the garden state!

drlucky and duzie like this.

2. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    Move here. Chimneys will be banned, sooner or later.

3. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Does anyone take these rankings seriously any more?

Jakedog likes this.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Pretty good list and considerations. Does not seem too far off the mark. There are very few cities that I would fathom living in the U.S., but there are lots of cities internationally that I would consider. Of course it would have to be some major medical reason that would get me off this mountain.

5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Wisconsin is the best state ever, not to state the obvious . But living in Milwaukee? no thank you

bottlenecker and blackguts like this.

6. koen

koen Tele-Afflicted

May 19, 2007
    West of Morocco
    Wow, two interstates. You’re so lucky!

7. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Oh, yeah, folks from Vancouver and Melbourne love these lists. They never seem to talk much about Port Alberni or Perth… Wonder why that is? :D

w3stie likes this.

8. jondanger

jondanger Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    Baltimore actually has a shooting lethality rate of one in three, so it’s about 3 shootings per day in a city of 615,000.

http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/shoot-to-kill/

9. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    NYC you can see your neighbor's nose hairs. Too close. Been there and done it.

nojazzhere likes this.

10. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    I live near enough to Camden, NJ to reckon that it's on that list.

11. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    The trick is to pretend you don't see them... just like the junkies, beggars, and lunatics.

GFrank likes this.

12. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    LutherBurger and w3stie like this.

13. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Baltimore's not that bad. Not to make light of the situation, but most of the homicides are drug and gang related. You don't have to tippy-toe around safe zones and duck back inside once the sun goes down; just use the same common sense anyone should use in any city. I've been far more worried about getting mugged in the French Quarter of New Orleans than in any part of Baltimore, but that's probably because I stick out like a dumb tourist whenever I visit N.O.

Jakedog, Ricky D. and jondanger like this.

14. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Meister

May 20, 2018
    Arcata
    Don't know what the parameters are, but for all-around "holy s***, why does anyone at all live here?" is Barstow, CA. I get that at one point a lot of money was invested with the hope that it would be an oasis between LA and Vegas, but wow.

Paul in Colorado likes this.

15. bodevelho

bodevelho Tele-Meister

May 19, 2018
    EUA
    I do, if you plan a big move for a career opportunity you need to do some homework, crime stats and real estate prices are a good place to start.

One of the most important points of this if you look at the numbers is that people that live in economically-depressed areas might like to move somewhere else but they are probably prevented by access to housing.

16. Ben-Zion

Ben-Zion Tele-Meister

Apr 11, 2017
    Louisville
    Yes. John Waters! I have only been to Baltimore a couple of times, but I actually dug it...and of course it was the setting for the best TV show ever - THE WIRE. And Camden Yards is ultra cool...

Frank'n'censed and Ricky D. like this.

17. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    The criteria used in both the good and worst lists are likely very different than mine.

18. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Was there today right down town by Lexington Market w/ all the crazies, it is what it is, life w/ a diverse cast. In 20+ years no one has ever done more than hit me up for money, when I say no they move along. Today I was approached by a gal dressed head to toe in "designer hood" way $$$ stuff than I have , "gimme 5 Bucks".. I almost said "How but you give me $10.." but I stuck W/ "not to day."
    Some of the older suburbs bordering the counties are quite nice, some are crazier than down town..

jondanger and Ricky D. like this.

19. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2011
    Branson, Mo
    I recently binge-read four early Anne Tyler novels set in Baltimore. And Pecker is my favorite John Waters movie. So I have warm feelings for Baltimore, though my only visit there was passing through on the Metroliner in 1976.

Ben-Zion, Ricky D. and jondanger like this.

20. jondanger

jondanger Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    A Dirty Shame was filmed in my neighborhood, 3 blocks from where this photo was taken.

Ben-Zion likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.