Wondering how much wear people have gotten so far on their NOS guitars?

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Luca_A, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Luca_A

Luca_A NEW MEMBER!

Recently purchased a NOS nocaster, and playing it pretty hard. Was just curious about how much play wear people have on their NOS teles/other?

2. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

'02 Custom Shop N.O.S. Esquire, custom ordered. I do consider it my number 1 guitar, but I have played only around 100 gigs on it. Firstly, I am primarily a bassist. Secondly, I don't put a lot of wear on my guitars, because I have so many in the rotation (at least a dozen that are ready to grab and go for any given gig). Also, my sweat is very neutral (not acidic, like some people who wear through their lacquer quickly). As such, most of the wear is from impacts and picking, not wear-through. I used to keep it leaning next to my bed, because I'd play it before going to sleep. Due to this, it has a couple of strange and ugly dings that I really don't like – from me accidentally knocking my alarm clock off the bedside table on to the guitar. I'm considering a refinish in the same color because it's starting to look kind of trashy to me.

I have since "restored" this guitar to its original white guard and all Phillips screws. I converted to Bakelite and slot-heads for a while (except for a couple that I kept Phillips). The Phillips screws and the white guard show more wear than the slot headed screws and black guard in these pics (these parts were pretty new when the pix were shot).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Kreepy likes this.
  3. xgritzx

xgritzx Tele-Meister

that neck is gorgeous!

Masterbuilt and Kreepy like this.
  4. Luca_A

Luca_A NEW MEMBER!

That looks fantastic, a nocaster blonde esquire is the next thing on my shopping list!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.