Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Wiring for '72 Telecaster Custom

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by art027, Jul 13, 2006.

1. art027

art027 Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2003
    the Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm restoring a Squier custom, all the electronics are gone, it was the P90's version. I was thinking of the coolness of the '72 tele custom so now i bought a wide range humbucker for the neck and i'm looking for a APTL Jerry Donahue for the bridge.
    In the meantime i want to collect the electronics i need later when i'm ready to install everything.
    Can someone tell me what pots i need, and maybe show me a wiring scheme?
    And capacitors and resistors?

The body was originally black, i sanded it down to the wood and attempted a 3-tone sunburst. The photo is before polishing. looks kinda rough.
    [​IMG]

2. art027

art027 Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2003
    the Netherlands
    Thanks!

That should be very helpfull, cool!

Michell

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. absurdplanet

absurdplanet Tele-Meister

Thanks jwells!

Since joining this board--I caught the "Partscaster" jones.
    I am building a "72 Custom Tele myself.
    I started by winning a black Fender '72 RI, CIJ body, then I won a nice FAT, neck, a MIM Widerange pup, vintage knobs--just now finishing up on the smaller details. Ordering a pickguard, a Fralin Blues for the bridge, tuning keys, jack, pots, and nitrocellulose lacquer finish for the Musikraft neck, etc, and it's time to put her together.

:arrow: The wiring schematics will help a lot; I wasn't sure which toggle switch to use.
    The "GENUINE FENDER USA JAZZMASTER SWITCH" appears to be the correct toggle switch. :idea: Please correct me if I am wrong.

She'll be black with a flame maple neck, Wilkensen bridge, Gotoh Vintage 6 inline tuners; nothing fancy . . .
    Just a partscaster--she'll sound a little darker than my other Tele and should be a nice addition to my tone arsenal. :)

I guess I could do a lot worse?!

:!: Special Thanks for Mark Davis for consultation.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.