Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Wiring diagram needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by crzyhors, Feb 9, 2013.

1. crzyhors

crzyhors TDPRI Member

I'm working on a tele with a bridge humbucker and traditional neck pickup. I need wiring diagrams, options, and ideas!!!!

2. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

This is a good place to start LINK ;)

3. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. bendeane

bendeane Tele-Meister

I too am looking for some specific diagrams. I've been looking quite a bit and am not finding what I'm looking for but maybe because it doesn't exist.

Can I wire up some tapped configurations with a standard strat 5 way? I've got two HBs in a tele and all I can find without using push pull stuff are diagrams using the super 5 way.

Thoughts anyone?

6. bendeane

bendeane Tele-Meister

Oh, and it's one volume one tone.

7. fluid69

fluid69 Tele-Holic

You could wire up 1 pup to have coil split, the other would remain a HB. Just figure out if you want to split the neck or the bridge, Id do the neck personally. Example: wire the coil closest to the neck on position #5 and the other to position #3.

Switching would be like this:

#1: bridge humbucker
    #2: bridge HB + inner coil neck
    #3: neck inner coil
    #4: neck HB
    #5: neck outer coil

"If you want rules, read the IRS tax code. If you want to build guitars, make some sawdust." -Colt W. Knight

8. bendeane

bendeane Tele-Meister

I used to know all this stuff, but then I stopped modding and now I'm getting back into it. Used to have a big apple strat I think it was called. Shoulda never sold it.

I had rails and a mini HB and a full HB in the bridge. A super 5 way and all kinda of combinations. I just need to study the switches again and I could probably get what I want again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.