Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Wiring diagram for mini humbucker in the neck and SC in the bridge???

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Onebean, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Onebean

Onebean Tele-Holic

Nov 10, 2012
    Nebraska
    I ordered a SD Antiquity II mini humbucker for my latest Tele parts caster. What wiring scheme do you guys recommend for using a standard Tele control plate and switch (1 common volume and one common tone knob with a 3 or 4 way switch). The Seymour Duncan website has a diagram for standard hum buckers, and I assume mini would be the same. The SD diagram doesn't specify the pot values. What are you guys using for diagrams and pot values? I'm looking for good rock and blues tones. Thanks.

Onebean

2. Nub

Nub Friend of Leo's

May 7, 2003
    SoCal
    I run a DiMarzio Area Hot T bridge pickup and a Klein Mini-humbucker in the neck slot... 250k pots, 3-way switch, and it sounds great. 500k pots can be used with both of those pickups, but there's no shortage of clarity & high end with the 250k's for me.

3. Onebean

Onebean Tele-Holic

Nov 10, 2012
    Nebraska
    Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

Onebean

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Holic

Nov 25, 2011
    Perth Australia
    I've got a Gibson mini (I think it has the same wiring as the Antiquity) in the neck of The Harlequaster with SD Little 59 at the bridge; I used 500k pots, both being buckers. I'm about to do some "fine adjustments" and will replace the tone pot with a push-pull for the Lil 59. This will give me single coil option at the bridge but I'll keep the 500k pots, unless anyone here advises me otherwise?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.