Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

wiring alternative Squier 72 thinline

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by rizender, Sep 27, 2016.

1. rizender

rizender TDPRI Member

Mar 15, 2014
    out in the sea
    [​IMG] Hi guys,someone could help me
    make the correct wiring series\parallel 2 widerange1 volume push-pull,1 tone,for my
    72 modified thinline Squier? Please for dummies,thanks
    On Seymour Duncan look that the color code is Peavy ,exactly?this diagram is parallel or series.Thanks again in advance

2. rizender

rizender TDPRI Member

Mar 15, 2014
    out in the sea
    [​IMG] [​IMG] This is an empty diagram with pull volume just to draw

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016

3. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    NC-USA
    I can't help you with your quest. What I did with mine was a lot simpler- removed all the hidden polepieces from the bottom of the pickups to get more clarity and wired the tone control to the bridge pickup only (neck pickup is brighter without the loading of the tone control).

4. rizender

rizender TDPRI Member

Mar 15, 2014
    out in the sea
    thanks,this means that I don`t need of push pull volume? I wish to keep the standard wiring but the parallel mode as well anyway could you send me the diagram (for dummies please:)thanks again

5. rizender

rizender TDPRI Member

Mar 15, 2014
    out in the sea
    So I just connect only the black wire of bridge to pole of tone (green wire)?thats enough?

6. rizender

rizender TDPRI Member

Mar 15, 2014
    out in the sea
    How do virtually ?wich color wire of bridge pup should wired to tone control pole?thanks.

7. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    NC-USA
    If you are wanting to make the tone control work only on the bridge pickup you unsolder the wire at the volume pot and connect it to the lug on the switch with the bridge pickup lead.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.