Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Wiring Alpha 3 way (8 inline Lugs)

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by tacomamc, Jun 13, 2010.

1. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    How do I do this? I have an alpha three way with the eight inline lugs, and have used this diagram, but it only gives me two sounds. Any help is so much appreciated... It's 2 am, and I have been at it since 10:30. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. cc9cii

cc9cii Friend of Leo's

Feb 24, 2009
    Sydney
    What 2 sounds do you get and which positions? What value caps for each? (i.e. what are the markings 223J, 472K, etc, etc)

3. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    Hmmm

Well, now that I've had a few hours sleep i realize I did not wire exactly like this diagram. I didn't use the additional capacitor for a dark position. What i'm tring ot get is the normal three way Tele wiring: Neck, Neck and Bridge, and bridge. No fixed bassy setting. I should have stated that earlier. Right now, i am getting the bridge and neck seperatly, and am missing the combination of the two togather.

4. cc9cii

cc9cii Friend of Leo's

Feb 24, 2009
    Sydney
    In that case use one of the diagrams here, Affinity or CV '50.

5. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2009
    Northeast Pa
    Cool

Thanks for the link. I'l do it tonight.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.