Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Wiring a Squier 51 Help!!

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by warthog, Mar 1, 2014.

1. warthog

warthog Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2011
    Slovenia
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll give it a try.

HELP!

I got a new DAllen P51 Humbucker to install in my 2013 Squier 51, but I have had almost no luck figuring out what goes where.

My challenge is that the stock pup has only 3 wires and the DAllen has 4. When I installed the new pup after some trial and error, I ended up with a pretty weak sound (not out of phase, that was earlier).

If I were to post the standard Squier Schematics and a copy of what wires do what on the DAllen pup, would someone be able to clue me in a little?

Thanks!

A

2. warthog

warthog Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2011
    Slovenia
    Here is some more info...

Bridge Pickup:

A. South (neck/slug side): Start: Green (Ground) Finish: Black or Yellow

B. North (bridge/screw side):
    Start: Red (Hot Output)
    Finish: White

Note: For HS(S) guitars, on the screw-side of the pickup, in coil-tap scenarios only: White = Hot and Red Ground.

3. warthog

warthog Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2011
    Slovenia
    Here are some stock schematics for Squier 51... and please remember, I know how to solder, but I don't understand technical wiring jargon... I do well with "red wire goes here, etc." :)

Thank you in advance!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Look at the wiring diagrams on d allen website. They have green to ground, red & white going to the push pull switch, and black to the volume pot / in your case the rotary switch. Check those diagrams out

5. jcart

jcart TDPRI Member

Apr 6, 2010
    western ma.
    oh rreat 51 info

I have a new Squier 51, at first I needed help too to wire up my 51 but... I removed the control plate and replaced it with a std Tele plate/controls so as to have pup switching through the std Tele switch and a tone control. I have replaced the bridge pup with a SD 59 and the neck with a Stew Mac Antiquity series ..I routed out the body and clearanced the pickguard to allow the Tele plate to fit..by looking at the diagram shown..and a std diagram for a Tele I was able to figure out how to use the origional volume pot and coil split the 59...while adding a tone pot as well..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.