Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Will this Fender 62 custom bridge fit the squier classic vibe custom??

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by scottchris, Sep 5, 2013.

1. scottchris

scottchris TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2013

2. scottchris

scottchris TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2013
    By that I mean, no extra holes having to be drilled in the body

3. zag1

zag1 Tele-Meister

Dec 5, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Yes it will. I had installed one in mine (CV 50s T), took it off, routed the body and put a Fender lefty bridge plate. No drilling at all.

Attached Files:

4. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    That Fender 62RI bridge with pickup is one of the greatest gear bargains available. I don't know why, perhaps FMIC made too many at some stage and have a glut on their hands.

The pickups sound phenomenal and appear way underpriced compared to any of the other Fender offerings (OV, Texas Special, Nocaster etc).

I fitted one (no drilling necessary) to a Japanese Fender 62 Custom reissue and it was a great improvement over the original PU.

5. zag1

zag1 Tele-Meister

Dec 5, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Just goes to show I wasn't paying attention. My bad! I just changed the bridge "plate" and NOT the pickup.

6. scottchris

scottchris TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Thanks for the info!!, I was wondering why it was so cheap, the bridge with the pickup. I mean really, what better combination to with when it will be going into a cvc 60's squier, lol. It was the natural choice for me, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any holes that would have to be drilled.
    Also, I would also be considering the 62' custom neck pickup. Anyone have any experience with that specific pu?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.