Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Will clear gloss coat fix this?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by Jazzybb17, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Jazzybb17

Jazzybb17 TDPRI Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Essex
    Hello,

I've been spraying this alder body and all was going well, I sprayed the final coat of colour and as it was drying a bit of hair got stuck on it. I've since fixed this and sprayed a final colour coat. But I think it was too hot as I've noticed what I think is blushing. They're like shiny lines and spots mostly spots on the back seen in the light. A gent on here suggested blush remover but I can't find it in England. I sanded the last coat down without sanding through and the blush seems to have disappeared. Question I've got now it that the surface has got sanding marks I've taken a picture as I can't explain this very well. It's very smooth. Do I need to spray another coat of blue or will this clear gloss somehow fix this? It's nitrocellulose. I used 800 grit wet paper.

Thanks for the time and help,

Jon

Attached Files:

2. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Please see response in your first thread.

3. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    To clarify what is posted above - this is a duplicate thread. Don't answer - already handled.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.